We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local transportation

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
6 posts
Save Topic
local transportation

We are planning a two week stay in Manzanillo, March 5-19. The first week, we are staying at the Karmina palace. I understand that it is well within walking distance of the Zona de Playas, but what about the central downtown core. Is there a bridge across the opening to the Laguna de Pedrito?

We have always enjoyed using the local transportation wherever we go in Mexico. Is the bus service from Karmina to downtown okay?

Our second week is to be at Palma Real. Since this is not an all-inclusive, we are looking forward to many meals in Manzanillo. Again, how far is it from downtown and what is the trnasportation like?

And finally, is it worth it for my wife and I to bring our fishing gear to fish from shore?

lethbridge
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: local transportation

Have stayed at Club Maeva Manzanillo in 2003 and 2004.

Used the local bus system without any problems...just hold on tight. They drive fast, grind geers, and don't close the doors!!

Taxi service is o.k. as well, just make sure you negotiate your price before you get in the cab. You will see locals fishing form shore, not sure if it would be worth bringing your own gear. My husband saw the locals pulling in a huge net full of fish when other people came to help they were rewarded a fish!

This area has not been americanized! Santiago is the 'city' you will come across first GREAT shopping!!(Commercial de Mexicana and the ajoined mall) Manzanillo is a port city, it is farther away, I think about 30-40 mins. Some cool things to look at, some shopping, Mexican Naval base there( can tour a ship.) Just remember it is a port city!

Have a great trip!!!