We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Countdown to Karmina....(or Anywhere in Manzanillo)......

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg, Mb.
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Countdown to Karmina....(or Anywhere in Manzanillo)......

Just another four months to wait and then its poolside under the hot sun with a cold margarita in hand.......Does Manzanillo celebrate Mardi Gras....?

Lethbridge, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
585 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Countdown to Karmina....(or Anywhere in Manzanillo)......

Rissask, I laughed at the immodium statement. I too have a bottle that I have carried for years and have never used. I did however add it to my shopping list as something to replace before we leave. Hopefully we won't have to use it!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,953 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Countdown to Karmina....(or Anywhere in Manzanillo)......

Yes, I imagine buffets are breeding grounds. And it seems 50% of the time me or someone (or almost everone!) in the group we travel with ends up with a terrible cold on vacation or shortly after returning. I always blame the airplane.

Thanks, I have not heard a single thing about a bunch of sickies but this forum is so much slower/quieter, I thought I would ask. I will definitely take some wipes along, worth a shot.

longjohn, yeah, there are a few things in there we pack 'just in case'. Better get new ones once in a while, lol.

I also always pack Tylenol with codeine tablets, as I was sick with an awful cold in Huatulco one time, with one of those hacking coughs that prevent you from sleeping (and keeps your spouse awake!). The only thing that works on that kind of cough for me is codeine- and of course you can't buy it in Mexico.

Edited: 12:10 pm, January 22, 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Countdown to Karmina....(or Anywhere in Manzanillo)......

I haven't heard anything either, even from our friends living in the area, but then, I'm not sure if they'd mention if their families had colds/flu/diarrhea.

We always pack Immodium, because we always need a little help acclimatizing our bodies to the spicy food (I mean, heaven forbid that we just take it easy for the first week - if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing) but other than that, the only thing we always, always pack is allergy medication. We can get pretty much everything else we need down there, but we've found that allergy medication can be pretty pricey.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,953 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Countdown to Karmina....(or Anywhere in Manzanillo)......

Thanks Chelly. It is sounding that the Yucatan is the hotspot. Everyone I have talked to who traveled there in the past 2-3 months got sick other than one person.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
75. Re: Countdown to Karmina....(or Anywhere in Manzanillo)......

glad we chose manzanillo!!

76. Re: Countdown to Karmina....(or Anywhere in Manzanillo)......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo