We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manzanillo vs Huatulco ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
672 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Manzanillo vs Huatulco ?

Having been to Huatulco twice now and going again this February we are getting quite familiar with the area and love it but we are thinking of trying Manzanillo, MX. someday as well.

For anybody that has been to both places, how do they compare? Weather, water, beaches, resorts and the town itself.

I have heard that the areas are similar but I would like to hear from travellers whom have been to both destinations. Pro's and Con's would be nice to hear.

Thanx

Mentioned in this post
Huatulco
Huatulco
Oaxaca, Mexico
Manzanillo
Manzanillo
Colima, Mexico
Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Manzanillo vs Huatulco ?

Having been to both and loving both places I don't think it would matter one way or the other if going for a 1-2 week stay. Both are great ,as pointed out from previous posts. If it came to be one day that I could stay for an extensive time frame, like a month, (condo/apartment rental situation ) I would choose manzanillo for its ability ( IMO ) to provide greater services for groceries and essentials.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,051 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Manzanillo vs Huatulco ?

Totally agree with the last two posts. ZLO would be more convenient as far as amenities for a long term stay. Plus that whole Costalegre is so pretty.

And Huatulco is just a bit too hot for me. And I miss seeing green!

(But Zihua is still #1 in my corazon!)

Edited: 10:03 pm, February 21, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Huatulco
Huatulco
Oaxaca, Mexico
13. Re: Manzanillo vs Huatulco ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo