We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Manzanillo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Manzanillo

Trying to decide when to visit. Weather site says rainy season is Jun-Aug. Is it like florida rain, late in the day and short lived or are we talking all day rain? Trying to decide whether to visit in Jul/Aug or Sep/Oct Thanks!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Manzanillo

From what our friends tell us, it's not a dreary, all-day sort of rain; it rains for a good portion of the afternoon, but the average temperatures still hover around the high 70's low 80's, so it's not a cold, trapped inside all day kind of rain. The humidity can be pretty challenging, though, from what we've been told.

You may have a bit better luck in October, though. There are a couple of folks on this forum who live there year round; they'll probably be able to chime in with better info.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Manzanillo

I spent 13 summers there and I found that it rarely starts to rain in June. Normally mid July is when the rains start and late October is when they stop, but it doesn't rain every day.

It is humid for sure and the thunderheads build up in the hills, and it rains up in the hills frequently, but down at the beach it won't rain for days, though you wish it would to break the humidity. When it does rain I found it rains most often in the afternoon or at night though there are days where it will rain during the day. I've known there to be anywhere from one to three days of pretty solid rain when a storm parks overhead or just off the coast - or is going by slowly out at sea - but more than one day of solid rain at a time is not the norm.

I owned a tour company that was affected by the weather so I took note of it and found that the last storm of the year was generally near the end of October and we always had more rain from mid August to the end of October than we had from June to mid August. The worst rain storms I ever experienced there were in September and October and that was pretty consistent over the years.

From the selections you offer above I'd take the July/August and completely avoid September/October. If November is an option for you it is a good time to visit, the humidity will have dropped off and you are very unlikely to see any rain.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Manzanillo

thanks for the question, and info! we are booking flights and hotel tonight and will be arriving august 18 :)

bc
Level Contributor
221 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Manzanillo

Re: abbiechalcraft That is great news, I'm sure it will be fine. Even when it rains it is nice and warm. Let us all know how it goes for you. I just Manz...

Edited: 12:49 pm, June 20, 2012
5. Re: Weather in Manzanillo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:41 am, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo