We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mirmar beach and the flea markets

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Mirmar beach and the flea markets

i read in the last review that this is a good beach to visit. is there anything else on this beach? can you eat and drink there or is it just a beach with nothing else there? just wondering what to bring/ pack if we were to go... what are the flea markets like there and what are they like compared to the big saturday market in town?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mirmar beach and the flea markets

There's shopping, restaurants and a massage tent on the beach. The flea market is touristy stuff whereas the one on Saturday is more for the locals. You can still get touristy stuff but you can also pick up stuff for you house as well like kitchen gadgets, vegys, some hand tools......

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mirmar beach and the flea markets

so these flea markets will be more like what one is expecting ... i hear the one on saturday is still fun and good to experience, even if you don't come out with anything... i know my son will be looking for a wooden semi. so where i can find that he will be happy :) sounds like mirmar is a great beach to experience!!!

how far is it from the karmina? how much in cab fare?

cudworth
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mirmar beach and the flea markets

Miramar beach is about 15 min. away by cab which should cost less than 100 pesos. You could take a bus from the main street in front of Karmina and it goes directly there. Be sure to look for Miramar and Directo on the front of the bus. La Tablao restaurant will let you sit under their umbrellas for free if you eat and/or drink there. Otherwise you will be charged a fee for the umbrella. If you go on the weekend, there are lots of Mexican children playing in the water and therefore lots of vendors with stuff for kids. Miramar is ,IMHO, the best beach in Mazanillo. I got a 60 minute massage and a pedicure for $35, on the beach in front of the Gran Festival. (Wendy was great!)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mirmar beach and the flea markets

awesome thanks, i can't wait to go.. It's number one on my list of things to do :) then the saturday market...

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mirmar beach and the flea markets

We were there today - kids took surfing lessons and had a BLAST! We played in the water and boogie boarded. Beautiful beach.

Taxi was $60 pesos but I think they said $70 if you go to the end where it's busier. We took the R1 bus back - $6 pesos per person.

Great day!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mirmar beach and the flea markets

so what is the difference from the area you went to , to the "busier" area... just more locals? was there vendors and restaurants where you were?

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mirmar beach and the flea markets

There wasn't much at the end I was at - I think it across from the area the market on Saturdays is at (?). The other end, according to pictures I have seen, has more restaurants and a small vendor market or something. Not too sure as I haven't been there myself - just google street view and pictures. :)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mirmar beach and the flea markets

thanks, if anything i think were would take a cab there and then bus it back too... i will have to google and see what i can come up with ...

9. Re: Mirmar beach and the flea markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:40 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo