We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manzanillo 2012

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Manzanillo 2012

I've officially joined the ranks of the overeager trip bookers; I just finalized our flights and sent in our deposit for three weeks in ZLO, starting in February 2012.

It feels kind of dirty to be paying for my February vacation in the middle of June!

Who's with us?

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manzanillo 2012

Whoot-whoot! Congrats! Although overeager might not fully encompase me! LOL

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
530 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manzanillo 2012

Hey! The early bird catches the worm!! LOL

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manzanillo 2012

I hear you, Hola! The early bird also gets the well - located condo!

I'm so frakking excited about three weeks in ZLO! My head is full of Manzanillo imagery - boogieboarding on Playa Miramar, eating bacon cheeseburgers and drinking ice-cold coronas at El Tablao, and winding up the day with cocktails on the patio!

In past years, I've been slightly amused at coworkers who start planning their winter vacations in June, but man, now that I've actually done it, I can understand why! No matter how crummy the weather is, or how busy I am at work, I have a completely planned vacation to look forward to!

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manzanillo 2012

If there was a "like button" I would be hitting furiously right now!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
530 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manzanillo 2012

Hey Jubilees......I'm thinking drinks at the "Condo" this Winter! We'll all be there at the same time! LOL

Cowtippers......Rum and Coke please!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manzanillo 2012

Suggestions of a TripAdvisor party at the condo might make our landlord weep with fear, but I'm totally in love with the idea of getting together at the beach for a day of boogieboarding and icy cold cocktails!

Better yet, maybe we should meet at Mismo Sol - BuffaloDon, the owner, is a fellow Saskie who apparently has a big-screen TV at poolside, perfect for watching a hockey game! I imagine that with the Jets back (or whatever they're going to be called), we're definitely going to need a hockey party or two!

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
550 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manzanillo 2012

Glad to hear you're on your return here! Three weeks of non stop fun! Lucky you!!

Count down days??

Did you rent John's condo?

Hasta luego amiga!

bd

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manzanillo 2012

Cowtippers...Congrats on the 3 weeks! Planning early is fun!... I might have you beat for booking our condo (done in March)...but I don't want to commit to the flights yet...just so pricey right now!...we'll be there from Feb 23 until March 22...a whole month!...

I finally talked my husband into the month (have gone for a few 3 week vacation stays and needed to build up to it..lol)

Careful...once you start with 3 week vacations...4 weeks is just around the corner! ;-)

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manzanillo 2012

I hear you, ricksmoxie! When we made the change to our dates, I just about booked us for three days short of a month, but I have a sense that my employer might not like it very much if I left for an entire month during audit season. Three weeks is tough enough!

I went ahead and booked our flights already, though, because Saskatoon to Manzanillo only gets more expensive as time goes on, not less. Last year, from November through May, we were looking at nearly 1900.00 per person, plus taxes for airfare alone. Right now, it's going for the low, low price of $1400 per person, plus taxes. Ugh! We managed to use a bunch of air miles for most of our flights, though, so we're not paying anything NEAR that, and now I have a whole year to save up miles again, so I can do the same thing next year!

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manzanillo 2012

Oh my..those are steep prices! Lucky you have air miles! Right now flights with 1 stop in Houston (I like that airport) with Continental/United Air (only airlines that seem to fly Toronto/Manzanillo)from Toronto are around $910/pp including taxes. Last March I paid about $100 less and booked those flights in Nov/10 for March/11.

I keep watching...trying to decipher the trend.

Then I tell myself...this is such a tough problem to have...NOT!...lol

Edited: 5:34 pm, June 18, 2011