We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zip line outings beware

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
zip line outings beware

a bunch of our friends went to the zip line and they had a bad experience. don't compare to the p.v one at all.. they don't have a orientation at the begining just a little explanation as you put your gear on...good 15 to 20 min steep . the platforms on the tops are old wooden planks.. as one of my cousins was harnest and waiting to go 2 women collided on the run while suspended up on cable, this was terrifing for her she refused to go. the tour company did return part of her money after seeing this.

ladies were ok but very shoken up..

the pizza after the excursion was

free no other drinks.. beer was $3.00 not to impressed as most are all inclusive

no videos for souvenirs.. so don't compare this one to one of the best in p.v.

terrace
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: zip line outings beware

I am happy to report that I am one of the two ladies that collided. All is fine. The only issue is that the zipline company had a communication error. When one guide said "no" the other guide thought he said "go". All was well and I must say they were very helpful. They called us from base camp and we sat for 15 to 20 minutes to make sure we were fine. We did continue on the zip line. Although, we only did 3 of the 5. We walked down the last two because my friend was still shaken up. We were stiff for a few days.

Lesson was informative at the bottom. I think others were more upset than we were and it has all turned out.

Have fun zipping and remember that it was my and my friends experience and we felt safe with the equipment ect.

Manzanillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: zip line outings beware

Elantravel thank you for coming in and letting us know what happen. I'm glad that you're okay and that there were no serious injuries. That would be a scary experience to say the least.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: zip line outings beware

I'm glad you are ok and still enjoyed the zipline. I do understand accidents happen and this might have been a one time incident..

Go and No do sound alike.. and thank you for imforming us all on what happened on your end of the story..

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: zip line outings beware

Thank you, Elantravel, for letting us know about the events from your first-hand perspective. How fortunate that you and the other person involved were okay. I am sure it looked pretty scary from an observer's perspective (MbRicher) and can understand why onlookers might think twice about enjoying the Ziplines on that day.

I have already "signed up" to go on the Ziplines in March (can't wait) and am aware of the risks of any activity I participate in while at home or on vacation. I plan to have a blast in Manzanillo and on the ziplines!

Calgary, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
25. Re: zip line outings beware

I booked and paid for 4 people to go on the zip line canopy tour via info@gomanzanillo.com through Susan Dearing...BEWARE!!! They told me we would be picked up outside our condo at 9:30 sharp. We were eagerly awaiting at 9:20. At 10:15 we were still waiting. I sent Susan Dearing an email, because they don't give you any other way to get a hold of them, and nothing. At 10:40 when we gave up waiting, I sent another email to info@gomanzanilo.com and no response whatsoever came.

It was extremely disappointing because I purchased this adventure as a birthday present for a friend, who was visiting Manzanillo for the first time.

I'm not saying don't take this tour, just don't go through Susan Dearing.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: zip line outings beware

I haven't had a lot of luck with getting responses from that website in the past, either. Just not showing up is not cool at all! That sucks!

27. Re: zip line outings beware

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, January 02, 2013
28. Re: zip line outings beware

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, January 07, 2014