We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 month old at Gran Costa Real

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chase
5 posts
Save Topic
10 month old at Gran Costa Real

I was wondering what Manzanillo has in the way of procuring baby food (ie. Heinz jared(, diapers and emergancy medicine like Ibuprofen, decongestants, etc. I'm just trying to figure out how much I need to bring down with me (coming from Vancouver).

Thanks!

Santiago/ New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 month old at Gran Costa Real

Hi travellingmom01,

I am from Vancouver too, I have a 16 month old and am pregnant again! We brought him down here to live when he was 2 months old. They carry Gerber baby food not Heinz at the local grocery store. They have all sizes and types of veggies, fruits and meats. The selection isn't as large as back home but still enough for your child to eat.

I also feed my son at Gran Costa Real all the time from their buffet and he's never had a problem.

If you want to buy diapers down here buy the Huggies, either the Surpreme or Ultra Comfort. That's what I use for our son and he has no problems. All the other diapers, including the Pampers are like plastic. You can also buy the Little Swimmers diapers down here too. If you already have baby sunscreen then bring it with you, you CAN buy more here but it's a little expencive. (Same brands as back home)

Their are farmacies all over, in the grocery store, Commercial Mexicana their is one and infront of there their is a bigger one called Guadalajara Farmacia, and you'll be able to find everything, baby tylenol, baby motrin, everything.

Let me know if you have ANY more questions, I'm glad to help you out.

Jenny

Chase
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 month old at Gran Costa Real

Thank you Jenny! That helps out immensely. I think you are the best source of information on here :). You're our Manzanillo resident expert. My husband and I have travelled many places around the world (our favorite is the middle east); but this is the first time with the new baby. I'm sure once I do this trip once with the baby I'll be much more relaxed. You're very lucky to be living the good life down there.

Chase
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 month old at Gran Costa Real

Well...I guess I do have just one more question. Water. How safe is the tap water at the hotel. Not so much for drinking, but for things like brushing ours and baby's teeth and bathtime for babe (where the water is great to dip toys in and then pop into the mouth).

Thanks again!

Santiago/ New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 month old at Gran Costa Real

The tap water in the hotel is filtered and it is a lot cleaner then most places. BUT you still shouldn't drink it. I just keep a close eye on my son when he's in the tub or in the pool to make sure his toys aren't going into his mouth drenched in water or that he isn't trying to drink it. For brushing his teeth I do wet his brush with tap water but kind of brush off most of it with my finger before giving it to him. He has been down here longer and has had a couple of tummy infections, he is fine now but for your child I'd suggest using the bottled water that is provided in your mini fridge.

Jenny

Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo