We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Countdown is on...questions :)

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Leduc, Alberta
Level Contributor
324 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Countdown is on...questions :)

Hello! We are travelling to HUX Nov 22 for 11 days, staying at the Quinta Bella.

We are looking for restaurant suggestions: basic breakfast, lunch/snacks/street food, and family dinner (kids are 18 and 13). We generally eat 'out' for breakfast and dinner, and tend to 'snack' for lunch.

Also, excursions, must-sees? I know the bay tour is a big one, but we do have on with a tendency for sea-sickness :(

TIA-- can't wait to get there!

Mentioned in this post
Quinta Bella Huatulco
Quinta Bella Huatulco
333 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Rocoto
$$ - $$$, Seafood
Restaurant Mercader
$$ - $$$, International, Asian, Thai
Mare
$$ - $$$, Italian, Seafood, Mediterranean
Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Countdown is on...questions :)

Start with reading Top Questions about Huatulco. Then read the restaurant reviews on TA. Best excursion is with Hurricane Divers. http://www.hurricanedivers.com/1hdhome.htm

Have a wonderful time.

Mentioned in this post
Huatulco
Huatulco
Oaxaca, Mexico
Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Countdown is on...questions :)

At least once you must try Terra cotta for breakfast.

La Crema for supper, just for the experience....and the pizza is good too

Actually, don't think I've ever had a bad meal anywhere...

Hop the bus and go to the town of Pochutla for their monday market.

There is a quad tour that the kids would certainly enjoy.

Copalita ruins

Mud baths at Bocana beach

Just walk around the town.....

Any street food....Fridas fish tacos are good (big blue van) and the people with the fresh potato chips....mmmm

I could go on and on.....

Mentioned in this post
Terra-Cotta
Terra-Cotta
1,329 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
La Crema Bar
La Crema Bar
919 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
chicago
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Countdown is on...questions :)

I second Hurricane Divers, best experience ever. I was afraid I would get seasick, too, took a Dramamine and I was fine. Another great experience we had was a mountain bike ride ending at a secluded beach with Easy Bikes -- don't even know if they're still around. I also second everything itchy said!

Mentioned in this post
Hurricane Divers
Hurricane Divers
121 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Countdown is on...questions :)

Copalita ruins is good. Never had a bad meal anywhere, we like to go to a different place for each meal so we tried a lot of places in 3 weeks! Take the bus to Pochutla market on a Monday, very interesting experience.

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Countdown is on...questions :)

An over looked excursion ( sort of ) is to simply jump in a cab and head to the Tangolunda Bay area. Simply walk around, have a coffee or beer or maybe ask to do a walk through of a different resort? Just spend the day out doors taking in the over looked things, like the abundant flowers that will be in bloom and the birds that you hear but can never see. lol I have said it before and I will again....I am cheap. LOL

Mike :)

Mentioned in this post
Tangolunda Bay
Tangolunda Bay
475 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Countdown is on...questions :)

San Augustine by cab if you can't do it by boat.

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Countdown is on...questions :)

All the restaurants are great. Don't be afraid to wander a few streets further from the La Crucecita centre to find those hidden gem tiny restaurants or street stands. Itchy is right, La Crema just for the experience. Walking around Tangolunda is a good idea, and the restaurant Viena there is a fantastic meal. Must-see excursions...snorkeling at Arrocito beach (no rentals there so bring your own), tour of the bays (we like Sicaruu), diving with Hurricane Divers (they also do a tour and lunch), Safari tour, seeing Bocana beach and having a coffee there, and we offer a photo walk at Bocana (Wednesday) or La Crucecita (Tuesday) with a professional published photographer, a fun way to improve your photos, ask questions and get instant feedback while making new friends.

Mentioned in this post
Crucecita
Crucecita
Huatulco, Mexico
La Crema Bar
La Crema Bar
919 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Tangolunda Bay
Tangolunda Bay
475 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
672 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Countdown is on...questions :)

Can you walk around at a different Resort? I've always wondered what Las Brisas was like?

Mentioned in this post
Las Brisas Huatulco
Las Brisas Huatulco
5,476 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Countdown is on...questions :)

You can walk around the lobby areas by saying you are checking it out, but walking any further they will accompany you or outright not allow it. Las Brisas is a large place with many hills (built on a peninsula). Great resort. If you like walking, it's amazing. But I have heard guests there, especially older or out-of-shape, say they wish they knew how much walking there would be, and how difficult.

Mentioned in this post
Las Brisas Huatulco
Las Brisas Huatulco
5,476 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
672 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Countdown is on...questions :)

I wish they would give you a Braclet or something…that says DO NOT SERVE! lol and let you walk around for an hour or so. Who knows maybe would stay there if given a sneak peak?

Actually it is really the Resort(s) loss if they don't allow this. JMHO. :)

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics