We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets - evening craft market

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Manitoba
Level Contributor
151 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets - evening craft market

Hey travellers,

anyone whose stayed at Secrets tell me if they have a craft market with vendors one evening during the week? and if you know what day during the week?

I am sure I asked this before but cannot locate my question.

Thanks, happy travels

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets - evening craft market

Hi krtp. We just returned on Saturday (via Toronto). During our stay the vendors were at Secrets on Friday evenings, along with the Mexican buffet. Both were located in the central plaza where the a la carte restaurants are.

We loved our stay and hope you do to! Safe travels.

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,832 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets - evening craft market

There is also a more permanent market (Mercado) just off the main square in La Crucecita. See streetview link below.

http://tinyurl.com/hscvs6r

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
385 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets - evening craft market

good galleries and collectives in la crucecita too.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets - evening craft market

RonAKA, we were at this mercado last week. Some good deals to be found. Lots of vendors to choose from!

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets - evening craft market

There is also a nice market in Santa Cruz and the Organic Market is held in Santa Cruz the first and 3rd Saturday each month. 8 til 2

Manitoba
Level Contributor
151 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets - evening craft market

Thanks to everyone for your help. I am just debating between trying Huatulco (been to other places in Mexico many times-- love Mexico) or trying Montego Bay in Jamaica. I love checking out handicrafts and wondered if the hotel has something one night but I would definitnely plan to check out La Crucecita and Santa Cruz sounds wonderful too!!!

Huatulcopedro: do you happen to know the cost by taxi from Secrets to Santa Cruz? and how long it would take to get there?? I think I would miss the organic market for when I would be traveling. But the regular market would be there so that would still be a nice outing to checkout. Is there restaurants in Santa Cruz? Any other noteworthy things to checkout?

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets - evening craft market

Lots of shops and restaurants in Santa Cruz. Also do yourself a favor and try the hot chocolate at Cafe Huatulco - the gazebo in the middle of the park next to the marina. Virtually all the banks are in Santa Cruz all in a row and there is a lovely little open air church that overlooks the ocean. Cruise ship day is either a must see or must avoid- I think of it as a must see at least once but after that perhaps an area to avoid. You should be able to google for the schedule. I think there is one coming in next Tuesday the 16th?? But I could be wrong.....

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets - evening craft market

Not often mentioned is the Mercado in Sector T, not as busy as downtown.

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,832 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets - evening craft market

Secrets is the furthest resort from the two towns La Crucecita and Santa Cruz. Taxi to either one should be around 55-60 pesos. From Las Brisas which is closer, it is 38 pesos. But really, once you convert it, the taxis are cheap. For sure go to La Crucecita to see the town square, the large church, and of course the Mercado and other stores, bars, restaurants, and shops. La Crucecita is a couple of km inland, while Santa Cruz is built up around the marina and cruise ship dock. It would be a bit more touristy than La Crucicita, and is quite a bit smaller, with respect to number of shops. Both are worth visiting. The Copalita Ruins and La Bocana beach are within walking distance from Secrets. They are further east and there is a sidewalk along the road for most of the way. Both are worth visiting.

Jamaica is high on our list to visit, but Huatulco keeps getting in the way. Just can back from our 5th trip. Have done PV, Riviera Maya, Punta Cana, Cayo Santa Maria Cuba, and Varadero. The weather at Huatulco is by far the best. We stayed at Secrets once and Las Brisas 4 times now. Obviously we prefer Las Brisas. My review is at the link below. However it is almost 10 years old now, and things have improved a fair bit at Las Brisas. I should do a new one...

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g…

Manitoba
Level Contributor
151 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets - evening craft market

Thanks RonAKA and Mariaguapa!!

Huatulco sounds very beautiful. I am totally in love with PV and I just love little mexican towns because they are so charming, quiet, laid-back (like Puerto Morelos) so I think you've both swayed me into a visit to Hautulco!!!!!!

I've never been to the DR or Jamaica. We just travelled to Cancun in January and the weather was the pits so I am a bit nervous about booking another Caribbean vacay and have poor weather-- and I hear the weather in Huatulco is fabulous.

Thanks again for everyone's help-- I love to travel and it is so much nicer to chat with fellow travellers who have been than to just read things online.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
Recent Conversations
More Huatulco Topics