We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn, New Years questions and more!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Swan River...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Holiday Inn, New Years questions and more!

Hi There

Just booked the Holiday Inn through Sunwing at the last minute for my husband, myself and our 7 year old son. Arriving Dec 28th. I have previously stayed at Binneguenda with a girlfriend, and Secrets with my husband. We thought Secrets was wonderful, but ended up only staying on the resort one day anyways! Husband can't sit still. We had wanted to try Puerto Escondido this time around, but missed out on the booking by a hour. Maybe a day trip?

Anyways...I've read all the reviews of the property, and just thought I would put it out there if anyone had anything to add to what's already posted. Wondering about a email contact for hotel as well. Anyone contacted in advance and requested a room?

I'm thinking we will visit several beaches this trip. Any thoughts on other things that might be fun with our son? He is VERY low key; likely happy to be on a beach each day. And..which beach would you say is the most kid friendly? Which beach restaurant should we park at?

Any day trip suggestions as well? I'm considering paying for a day pass to a beach club or resort; if so, what suggestions might you all have. I'm hoping to plan a few, nice and easy adventures.

Thanks for your time!

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn, New Years questions and more!

Most kid friendly beach and for you all at that time of year is Santa Cruz Playa which is a 2 minute walk from your hotel. Frente al Mar is our favorite so your best bets are Frente and the one to the left and Dona Celia's to the right as they have ground level washrooms and showers. Calderone at the one to the left of Frente, Alex at Frente and Marco at Dona's will look after you well as ill most other servers.

Swan River...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn, New Years questions and more!

Thanks! Just thought of another question you might be able to answer! My first visit was over Easter; it was CRAZY busy, but we didn't mind. Should I expect the same level of frenzy over New Year? On that Easter weekend, we couldn't even move at Santa Cruz beach...

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn, New Years questions and more!

Christmas and New year can be as busy but not the last few years. Christmas is a nice time and lately not as busy, but each year can be different. Decorations music festivals and the like..Mucho tiempo feliz

Enjoy!!!

Swan River...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn, New Years questions and more!

Wonderful, thanks! I'm creeping around your reviews, planning our days in the sun:)

chicago
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn, New Years questions and more!

I don't know if 7 is too young to snorkel, but La Entrega is super gentle and you can rent the snorkeling gear there and a lesson, too. Playa Arrocito is small but very calm. Only one restaurant there. And Maguey has a little bit bigger waves but nothing I don't think my kids couldn't handled. We sat at El Costeno last year which was off to your right as you're walking to the beach, a little more privacy but maybe you'd rather be in the thick of things and go toward your left. He may find a little friend to play with.

Swan River, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn, New Years questions and more!

Thank you! Any thoughts on a day trip to San Augstin?

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn, New Years questions and more!

We loved SA, I was going to recommend it as we saw a lot of local kids in the water there.It was the highlight of our last (4th) trip to HUX.

Swan River, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn, New Years questions and more!

Thank you. I think it's a must do this time around. I did find a link to email on the hotel's app, so sent one off with our room requests:). Can't wait to feel the sun!

Swan River, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn, New Years questions and more!

Only info I'm still hunting for is the beach club info. I thought it might be nice to pay to spend one day at a beach club with a pool by the ocean. Maybe it's not really necessary?

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Inn, New Years questions and more!

San Augustin is a definite must for me. I usually include a longish stop at San Augustin as part of an all day bay tour but it's good on its own as well.

I also enjoy the Castillo Beach club in Chahue- for a reasonable fee you have access to the pool, beach loungers restaurant and facilities. Not the best swimming beach but still one of my favorite spots. Have fun!

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
Recent Conversations
More Huatulco Topics