We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving airport for bus or taxi

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Leaving airport for bus or taxi

I have read that you can walk a short distance from the airport to catch a cheaper taxi or a bus. I will be staying in Puerto Escondido and I don't want to spend an arm and a leg getting there. I've looked at the Google Street View of the HUX area. Do you catch the bus/taxi near the Pemex/Oxxo? Is the airport exit obvious? I don't want to be wandering aimlessly lol! I've searched and read as much as I can regarding this topic but any current info or helpful tips are more than welcome. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Escondido
Puerto Escondido
Oaxaca, Mexico
Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving airport for bus or taxi

It's pretty easy. When we did it for the first time last year we had no problem. Just exit the terminal and ask someone if you want to be sure, basically walk across a small section of the parking lot to the side walk that runs alongside of the road to the highway.

A taxi driver met us about 200 yards from the highway so we didn't really notice other taxis. You can walk to the Oxxo and grab a cold drink for the ride to PE.

chicago
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving airport for bus or taxi

I think it is pretty obvious where the exit is, just walk into the parking lot and you will see a lane leaving the airport. It is not that far of a walk, sidewalk on both sides. Usually always there is a cab waiting at the highway, I've never had to wait. The Pemex station and store is across from the airport exit, usually the taxi drives us across so we can get a cerveza.

Colorado
Level Contributor
914 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving airport for bus or taxi

Yup. There's a big thread on it that I had recently started. Though I will say we still got one at the airport but discounted once they saw we were walking to the street. Had no issue stopping at a store either with no added price.

Also, since you will be just arriving, they may pitch you and give you a business card in the hopes of getting more business. So, you should be able to get a deal either outside the airport or looking like you are making your way out of the airport.

4. Re: Leaving airport for bus or taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 19, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics