We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thinking of the hotel crown pacfic

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Huatulco, Mexico
4 posts
Save Topic
thinking of the hotel crown pacfic

thinking of booking at the crown pacfic would luv any info about hotel not much on the forum ? lots on the barcelo please and thanks

Great Britain
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thinking of the hotel crown pacfic

Hi There

We stayed at the Gala a top hotel.10 couples transfered to our hotel from the crown pacific as they said it was a hotel from hell.The reps said they could not transfere free so they all had to pay extra. Check carefully before you book. Barcelo is nice aswell as the Gala.We only got back on Sunday.

Hope this helps.

Moira.

Winnipeg
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: thinking of the hotel crown pacfic

Hi,

We stayed at the Crown Pacific last year and are returning this winter. We fell in love with Huatulco and can't wait to return.

The Crown is, in my opinion, the best "value" offered by the tour operator. The rooms are huge,mini suites, with spacious balconies over looking the bay offering outstanding views. The suite we stayed in had a huge jacquzzi tub with sliding doors that opened to the balcony and offered the same views. So nice. The trams run frequently and were no problem for us whatsoever. You will not have mini bars, padded loungers, or consistent beach service, but with the money you save you can feel free to eat at the fabulous restaurants in nearby Cruccitita (sp). The resort was spotlessly clean with twice daily maid service, chocolates on the pillows and towel and floral arrangemnts. The food is okay with breakfast being the best.

You are visiting a tropical spanish speaking country. There will be birds and bugs, who cares? No mosquitos this year for us Manitobans so the very few you might encounter should be no bother. Brush up on your spanish and enjoy! The people of Huatulco are the warmest and friendliest, the staff at the Crown were as well.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
592 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thinking of the hotel crown pacfic

I booked CP for 2 weeks Dec/Jan after giving it quite a bit of thought. There are a number of recent reviews of the property on Tripadvisor which are helpful and give both the best and worst case scenarios. (And, if you look at all the resort reviews, you'll find extreme opinions for all of them.) It all depends on what you want for your vacation dollar. For us, the walk to the beach, meal options, and mini-bar were not that important to pay extra for.

Huatulco, Mexico
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: thinking of the hotel crown pacfic

thanks stringy,haulatime and staed .all the info was great

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thinking of the hotel crown pacfic

Do not book this hotel - myself and partner stayed in this Hotel at the beginning of July - I would say 90% of the people were ill for more a less the full fortnight, myself spending 2 days in the room....this was deftinitely a case of Salmonella - One guest paid $300 for the confirmation of this.

Hiatulco is a nice place and I would recommend staying at the Gala or Barcelo... definitely worth paying that little bit extra.. the people we spoke to staying at these hotels loved it.

Hoep this helps you make your decision

Edmonton, Alberta...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: thinking of the hotel crown pacfic

We spent two weeks at the CP February/March 2005. We had an incredible holiday - absolutely no issues whatsoever. Are returning in January with other family members including two grandsons 11 and 9 years of age. Certainly, we feel that it is a great place because we would do absolutely nothing to put these guys at risk.

You must remember, as someone else pointed out - you are going to Mexico - presumably for a reason. Enjoy it for what it is and don't try to make it like home.

7. Re: thinking of the hotel crown pacfic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics