We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycling in Huatulco

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Cycling in Huatulco

I am arriving in Huatulco on March 18 and am planning on cycling. I am bringing a cross bike so I can ride both the paved roads and the dirt roads in the area. Are there any other cyclists in the are at that time?

chicago
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cycling in Huatulco

Man, you are ambitious, bringing your own bike. We will be leaving the 19th, hubby and I both cycle. I did look into renting a bike and "tour" for him to do (I don't want to do anything strenuous on vacation) but he is nursing a hamstring and still hasn't decided if he wants to do that or not. Good luck. I always thought that if I were in Huatulco for longer than one week, I would love to ride on some of those hilly roads.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cycling in Huatulco

I have brought my bike the last 4 times we have been in Huatulco. The roads are for the most part traffic free so its a great way to get ready for the season. This time I want to explore the dirt roads east of Hwy 200

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cycling in Huatulco

My niece brought her bike last time we were there. We stayed at villa sol y mar and she and Wayne rode together almost every morning.

Fernie, British...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Cycling in Huatulco

@playamomma - just wondering where you found to rent a bike through? Ive had a hard time finding info, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited: 11:13 am, March 01, 2014
Boise Idaho
Level Contributor
824 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cycling in Huatulco

There's a new bike rental shop that just opened in Chahue, on the SW corner of the Sueno del Mark condo complex. Alfredo (he's bilingual) has a bunch of nice new bikes... and he's just starting to make fresh fruit juices and smoothies!

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
690 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cycling in Huatulco

There is a bike rental place across from the Dreams Hotel also.

Alfredo

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cycling in Huatulco

Hey Alfredo-

Can you comment on what kind of bikes and cost??? Road/ Hybrid... Helmets included?

Boise Idaho
Level Contributor
824 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cycling in Huatulco

Sorry, Suze... I have no idea.

ontario
Level Contributor
416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cycling in Huatulco

Suze

The new bike shop behind Sueno Del Mar has new bikes including an electric bike. They also include helmets with the rental. They rent per hour, per day, 24hrs or weekly . Unfortunately I missed place the rental prices

Edited: 12:54 pm, March 04, 2014
Huatulco, Mexico
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cycling in Huatulco

Hello Suz,

I am Alfredo F. (not the previous Alfredo) who answered to one of the posts. I am actually the owner of eklop, which is the jus bar/smoothies and bike rental place behind Sueño del Mar. Indeed, we open the place just some weeks ago. We have mountain bikes, hybrid, electric and cruiser bikes. They all include helmet and locks. Our brands are Specialized, Ghost, Emotion and Electra. The price ranges depending on bike type and time. I can assure you that the quality of the bikes is of utmost importance to move around. Please send us an email or call us. You may want to search us on the search function simply as eklop rentals.

Many thanks and look forward to assist you,

alfredo f.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics