We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets......Room Recommendation

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Secrets......Room Recommendation

Hello,

Just wanting to know if anyone out there has specific room's they would recommend. Building #5; 3rd floor is what I am leaning to after reading endless reviews. Didn't see if this building at any point has shade? Help please!!!

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets......Room Recommendation

I think the only time you will get shade in building 5 is if you stay in the very West end (furthest away from the central elevator structure. And even then the shade will be provided by the hills behind the spa, and you will get it quite late in the day. I think the only reliable place to be assured of shade past 2:30 PM or so, is in a room close to the elevator structure in building 4 or 6. I think 3rd floor on any building you choose is preferred.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets......Room Recommendation

Is shade that important? Bring on the sun. We never spend time in our room during the day, just enjoying a coffee in the morning, and maybe before dinner. Your room is air conditioned. Just don't understand the need for shade.

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets......Room Recommendation

The room air conditioning is great. Ours was set at 18 C when we got there and we left it set at that. However if you sit on the balcony with the white walls around you and the glass "railings" it is like a solar oven. The only place hotter on the whole resort are the three elevators at the front which are glass also and not air conditioned. They are more like nuclear powered saunas. If you got stuck in one, and apparently some did for 45 minutes, it would be nasty.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets......Room Recommendation

I don't know, I never found it too hot when I was drinking a beer on my balcony at 4 PM after a day at the beach. There was always enough of a breeze. Maybe I have a higher heat tolerance. Can't say I was anywhere near our room between 10 and 4, why would you want to be? I wouldn't be concerned where your room is, other than the agreeing with you that the 3rd floor will provide you with the most unobstructed view. We were on the 3rd floor of Bldg 3.

Edited: 2:51 pm, January 10, 2014
5. Re: Secrets......Room Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 12, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics