We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I find out what's happening in Huatulco 2/11-2/28

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Deerfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I find out what's happening in Huatulco 2/11-2/28

How can I find what's happening in Huatulco when we're there (2/11-2/28). Wondering if there's anything for Fat Tuesday, the Olympics, Valentine's or Flag day. Definitely plan to check out beach volley ball on Mondays and want to go to the David Rotundo concert on 2/26. The last time we were in Huatulco, the rotary had a valentine's day event. Other times there has been a mariachi band concert, jazz concert at Camino Real and the circus, but we find out after the fact. Thanks!

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where can I find out what's happening in Huatulco 2/11-2/28

When I did this years ago, it was just a driver who happened to pick us up. We told him what we wanted to do, he said fine, gave us a price and that was that. Very easy. His English was not great, our Spanish was also lacking but we got by just fine. He took us to Puerto Escondido and back with stops along the way. Mazunte, Puerto Angel, San Augustinillo, Zipolite. He asked for 1000 pesos and it was a full day- we were out a good 8- 10 hours. He went into the turtle museum with us, and waited for us while we hung out for a bit and had dinner in PE.

On our last two trips, almost every driver we had engaged us in conversation and offered their services if we wanted to see any of the sites. I wouldn't have had an issue going with any of them.

chicago
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where can I find out what's happening in Huatulco 2/11-2/28

Thanks, Maria and speedo. We are staying at Villa Blanca again and I know in the past, we usually always had the same taxi driver waiting for us out front. I'm sure we will have no trouble finding someone to take us around.

Boise Idaho
Level Contributor
767 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where can I find out what's happening in Huatulco 2/11-2/28

Regarding tours west (Pochutla, Mazunte, Zipolite, San Augustinillo, Puerto Angel) or just a direct trip to La Finca de Vaqueros for their amazing party, you might contact Adelino Olea adxo2000@terra.com or ttchahue@hotmailcom or tell 044-958-587-6409. He has an air conditioned Suburban, is bilingual, is a professional guide, and has been to La Finca's party many times. (plus he's a really good guy).

If you can't make their anniversary party or get out to their original location (its a few miles from Pochutla), at least have a great meal at their location in La Crucecita.. its next to the Corona distributor in La Crucecita... or just ask any cab driver. They have a fabulous mixed grill platter and churros (bean soup) to die for. Don't go there if you are a vegetarian :)

14. Re: Where can I find out what's happening in Huatulco 2/11-2/28

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 13, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics