We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about the restaurants on Bahia Maguey.....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg, Mb.
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about the restaurants on Bahia Maguey.....

First of all, are the restaurants open for business in the evening....as in....after sunset.....? Looking to travel by taxi from Santa Cruz to Maguey and back again.......We travelled that road a few years ago and it was pretty rough in spots as I recall, has it improved since then....? And lastly, if we get dropped off by taxi, are there any cabs that will pick us up later in the evening..?

Thanks.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about the restaurants on Bahia Maguey.....

The road is brand new. There are always taxis available up at the road. I'm not sure how late they stay open. We have stayed out there until late afternoon a few times. I'm sure you would be good until early evening, maybe Alfredo will let you know on that. We always sit , eat, and drink at Ay Caray.

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about the restaurants on Bahia Maguey.....

Speedo is correct about the road

There is no electric in Maguey so the places usually close at night

Wayne Overby

Villa Sol y Mar

(House of the Sun & Sea)

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about the restaurants on Bahia Maguey.....

To my knowledge none of the beach palapa restaurants are open much past sunset due to, as Wayne pointed out, the fact that there is no electricity on the Maguey beach. Lot's of options during the daylight hours although I must admit I've been going exclusively to Alfredo's AyCaray restaurant for the last ten plus years or so.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about the restaurants on Bahia Maguey.....

Ay Caray is now called Nivel Mar Beach Club & Restaurant still owned by Alfredo.

Looks beautiful can't wait to try it in February.

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
693 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about the restaurants on Bahia Maguey.....

Hola,

Maguey road is one of the best in Huatulco, taxis are available till after dark. We changed Ay Caray into a new place, hope you enjoy it as much as we have, we are working at Nivel Mar Beach Club & Restaurant to be able to open for dinner and after, the plans include to have a water shuttle and a party bus shuttle also, currently we are increasing our solar energy capacity to operate fully on green energy and installing ecological toilets. Looking forward to see you guys there.

Alfredo

Winnipeg, Mb.
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about the restaurants on Bahia Maguey.....

Alfredo; Will you be set up and ready for evening dining by mid February....? Valentine's Day.....?

Sounds like a great idea.......please keep us posted on the progress at the new restaurant....

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
693 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about the restaurants on Bahia Maguey.....

Ho yes! We will be ready pretty soon, definitely will be ready for Valentine's Day.

See you soon.

Alfredo

Winnipeg, Mb.
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about the restaurants on Bahia Maguey.....

......"una mesa para dos".........por favor...

chicago
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions about the restaurants on Bahia Maguey.....

Great! Hopefully we will be back in March!

10. Re: Questions about the restaurants on Bahia Maguey.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 05, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics