We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada Vacations- connections

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
winnipeg mb.
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Air Canada Vacations- connections

Have booked Las Brisas for Jan.22 out of Winnipeg via Toronto. Looking at the flights, we leave Winnipeg at 0530 and arrive Toronto at 0903. Connecting flight to Huatulco is at 1010.

Has anyone had this tight of a connection time?

Air Canada states 1 hour is the standard minimum.

At least both flights are out of terminal #1, but it still seems to me that it will be tough to make it. Just wondering if anyone else has done this short of a time frame to help put my mind at ease.

-30c in Winnipeg, +30c in Huatulco. I know where I want to be and it isn't sitting in an airport waiting for another flight.

Ponemah, Manitoba
Level Contributor
201 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Air Canada Vacations- connections

We did this "Dance" last year. We changed our flight so that we flew to Toronto on Friday evening and stayed in a hotel overnight (there is a gateway Sheraton attached to the airport that is wonderful). Reason being is that if you run into bad weather in Wpg. in the morning, you won't make the flight in TO.

Last year, the flight that we were supposed to be on Saturday Morning, was late leaving Wpg, missed the Flight to Huatulco and ended up having to fly to Mexico City and overnight there, not getting to Huatulco until Sunday..........

Ask your travel agent if you can change due to such a short connection time, last year they didn't charge us any extra to do so.

Thanks. :)

Ponemah, Manitoba
Level Contributor
201 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Air Canada Vacations- connections

p.s. you will LOVE Las Brisas! been there 4 times! hey, I Just realized you said January 22nd??? that's a Wednesday - they're flying on different days this year.

winnipeg mb.
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Air Canada Vacations- connections

dazed16,

I called ACV myself and was told any change to my flights would result in a $100.00 fee. When I talked to my booking agent at Selloff she called as an agent and changed my flight from 0530 Wed. to 1720 Tuesday with no fee charges. Selloff also has a stopover deal with Quality Inn and Suites for $68.00 taxes in.

That made my decision very easy. Why sweat the weather forecast for Winnipeg with only a 1 hour connection window or sit in the bar in Toronto having a cold one to get primed for the beach the next day.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Air Canada Vacations- connections

So happy you were able to change your flight for no additional cost. Now relax, enjoy the count down and have a wonderful time in Huatulco. I hope you enjoy Las Brisas, we had a great time!

Happy and Safe travels

PS that stinks about your call directly to ACV

Winnipeg Mb
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Air Canada Vacations- connections

Thanks for everyone's advice. Managed to switch to the day before. Sell Off charged us $15 each but it is well worth it. Will be much more rested to arrive in Huatulco leaving fromTO than stressing about making the plane from Winnipeg :)

36. Re: Air Canada Vacations- connections

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics