We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Binniguenda beach club RECENT opinions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Topic
Binniguenda beach club RECENT opinions

Hola:

I understand that the Binniguenda's beach club has moved locations, since January of this year.

I'm interest in recent opinions (since the move) as to what the beach club offers in the way of drinks and food. Also, hours of operation? Any and all info greatly appreciated.

Gracias!

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Binniguenda beach club RECENT opinions

We are on Playa Santa Cruz about 3 to 4 days a week but not at the Binni Club. What I can tell you is the club is on the right beside the Church as you face the ocean. There is a tent for a servery and presumably the food is brought in from the Hotel. The restaurant behind has been taken over by Franco, of Momma Mia's. There are chairs, lounges and umbrellas.

But the most important news comes from Gustavo, the Director General of the Binni. We have known him since he headed up the Castillo many years ago. They are to build a beach club complete with pool, restaurant etc. on the beach beside Dona Celia's. The property is roped off and signs are up. Has not started yet but Gustavo was optimistic the club could be open in Feb '14. Presumable awaiting approval from the Secretariat for the Environment.

When we see a "shovel" in the ground will post an update.

Believe its open around 10 AM, probably to 5 but you can get that info by contacting the Binni through their we site

Edited: 5:03 pm, October 24, 2013
Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
506 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Binniguenda beach club RECENT opinions

Thanks HP,but more interesting (for me)is the Franco news, moving from Momma Mia's? What do you know about that?

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Binniguenda beach club RECENT opinions

Sorry, Franco did not move. Its just another location for Franco and Monica. Until the Binni opens the new club Franco won't have beach tables etc..

Mamma Mia's is alive and operating.

Victoria
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Binniguenda beach club RECENT opinions

Any news on the new beach club?

Thanks!

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Binniguenda beach club RECENT opinions

Held up by secretariat of the Environment. Land is purchased and the plans are done but working on the approvals still.

9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Binniguenda beach club RECENT opinions

In the meantime, what is the experience like for Binni guests at Sta Cruz beach? Is there a temporary beach club while they're waiting to break ground, or are we screwed for beach beverages? (Travelling in Feb 2014)

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Binniguenda beach club RECENT opinions

Josh... there are some shade umbrellas and chairs and a small beach bar. From what I was told they truck down some snacks from the hotel but no kitchen on the beach. Lots of other things always happening around the Santa Cruz beach, great little farmers market in the town square and a fairly large tourist type market out towards the main road.

Mike :)

9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Binniguenda beach club RECENT opinions

Sounds like pretty much all we need for a few hours a day at the city beach. Thanks for the info! Any idea how busy or quiet the area will be at this time of year? We'll be there from Feb 11 to 18, and while some reviews have mentioned pretty light crowds (like 2-3 other couples at the buffet), I'm not sure if that's old news or not.

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Binniguenda beach club RECENT opinions

It should be busier by now. We toured the Binny in Dec and it was pretty dead but the rest of town was too. There is a good chance we will be on the same flight as you on Feb11, still trying to decide

Mike :)

10. Re: Binniguenda beach club RECENT opinions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 04, 2015