We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any one booked?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
298 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Any one booked?

Never been to this side of Mexico. But from what I have been reading this area sounds really pretty. Going to stay at the Secrets resort for two weeks at the end of January. Hope it is as good as I have been reading. We have been to lots of all inclusive but this will be our only 2nd adults only resort.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any one booked?

You will enjoy your stay, excellent weather, people are great, food fantastic! Be sure to check out David Rotundo - Blues on the Beach Jan 22nd, you won't be disappointed! You will likely be like most people, visit once and you are hooked!!!! This is our 10th year going, condo booked for the month of Feb 2014.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any one booked?

The Secrets does look like a very nice all inclusive and I am sure you will have an amazing vacation. Try to go off the resort and explore the area a bit and you will see the real beauty of Huatulco and the area. Hire a private driver to take you around to different beaches and do the snorkling tour with Hurricane Divers. I would do it just for the amazing homemade lunch :-) we are really looking forward to the Blues on the Beach as well as a whole month of sunshine and hot weather. We have rented a villa for the month of February. I see Albertans need to escape the cold winter !

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any one booked?

lakerman...... 127 days and counting, see you at the airport :-)

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any one booked?

still trying to deal with sunwing for a four week holiday....their customer service sucks. Half an hour waiting on the phone yesterday to get quotes for air only or air/hotel (they have an air only sale right now). Finally put in my request for quotes, got the confirmation emails (although one was in my name, the other is someone else's) and then the very odd quotes this morning--one with no price and the air only one that came in more than I had calculated (I used 2, 2 week prices from their website and assumed it would be a little less because they can't charge both sets of taxes)....

So, I wish I was booked...but for me it's another wait on the Sunwing hotline

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any one booked?

When are you going, we booked thru United for month of Feb, flying to Houston, overnight both ways, total cost for both my wife and I was under $1300.00 Canadian, even after adding in hotel both ways and baggage, it will still be less than half of what Sunwing and Airtransat want to charge for a 4 week flight!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any one booked?

Already lined up for beach volleyball the afternoon we arrive, looking forward to Blues on the beach again this year!

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any one booked?

Hi lakerman....we want to go for December (actually nov 26-dec 24), it's when I don't work so it has to be then. I have looked into the united flights from yvr with the overnight option also but there are not many deals to be had. I would kill for a $1300 flight budget!!

Just talked with Sunwing again and really had to keep my cool. Seems the quoted prices don't take sales into account...REALLY....had to use my controlled yoga breathing....

Did get a requote, still super high, about $2300 return for both of us....but that is only about $500 more than the hop, skip and jump flights I am looking at, all taking about a day each way--that one direct flight is mighty nice....still need to think about that one.

Booking this holiday just might kill me....or make me stronger...???

Ottawa
Level Contributor
64 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any one booked?

We are three couples travelling to Huatulco for the first time on Jan 25 from Ottawa. Like you, lots of AI experience, Mexico and other pacific coast destinations but never HUX. Love TA for all the advice. Counting down the days (although that does mean winter!) Sounds like we'll cross paths while there.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
298 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any one booked?

We don't leave until jan 28th. Flight times are not great but at least the flight goes direct. WestJet or AC one flight went via Edmonton and one T.O. Did not fancy that because of the time of year. Not cheap but if we were going to the Mayan side it would be double the price for this class of hotel. Plus if the price does goes down,which I don't think it will. We will get a refund on the difference.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any one booked?

We booked the same flights as lakerman a couple weeks after they did and the price was up to 1712.00 round trip 2 and we have an extra flight and plane change to mexico city then Houston as the directs on return were sold out. Still a good price compared to the rate sunwing gave us for extended stays.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics