We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a resort with an on site scuba dive shop and dive ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
235 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a resort with an on site scuba dive shop and dive ?

Thanks for your replies

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
235 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a resort with an on site scuba dive shop and dive ?

The tail end of the message title was chopped. Should read and "dive boat". Thanks again.

resort

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a resort with an on site scuba dive shop and dive ?

The dive boats go out of Chahue and Santa Cruz marinas. Most out of Santa Cruz. Check out www.hurricanedivers.com They are based in Santa Cruz and have an excellent reputation and are PADI certified. Short cab from the AI hotels and of course a short walk form the Santa Cruz hotels.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a resort with an on site scuba dive shop and dive ?

No dive shops at hotels.

Boise Idaho
Level Contributor
767 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a resort with an on site scuba dive shop and dive ?

Hurricane Divers is an excellent dive shop with good equipment, a dive boat designed for diving, bi-lingual instructors and dive masters, and lots of safety equipment. They've been in the Huatulco area for a dozen or so years, working with a stellar reputation. You won't go wrong with them. You should book in advance to assure you'll be able to dive when you want to.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a resort with an on site scuba dive shop and dive ?

I heard that one of the guys who started Hurricane divers is from Fort Mac, is that true?

Huatulco, Mexico
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a resort with an on site scuba dive shop and dive ?

One of the divers who works at Hurricane lives in Fort Mac (he takes an extended winter holiday from Canada)

Robert is the sole owner and one heck of a good guy ( he also runs a good dive shop)

Though I am sure the dive shop would flounder without the help of his wonderful wife Pauline

Wayne Overby

Villa Sol y Mar

(House of the Sun & Sea)

Edmonton
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a resort with an on site scuba dive shop and dive ?

Highly, highly recommend Hurricane Divers. I am not sure, but I don't think the fellow you mention is still with Hurricane. I think he was from Edmonton and not Ft. Mac, but like a lot of ppl around here he might have worked there. Both DM's Antonio and Blaise are awesome!

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
235 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a resort with an on site scuba dive shop and dive ?

Great follow up gang and very informative

Thank you all

Resort

9. Re: Is there a resort with an on site scuba dive shop and dive ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics