We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Geneva Lake Area...
Level Contributor
62 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Weather??

Accu-weather shows no sun for a month. We will be arriving June 6th and we are getting nervous. Is this the way it is going to be for the month of June???

chicago
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather??

I wouldn't worry about it, altho it sounds like there is a storm ready to hit now. I was there in mid-June several years ago with my daughter and was stressing out the same thing as there was a tropical depression sitting right over Huatulco. It was a little overcast the first couple of days and rained a little at night but we never had to change our beach days for indoor activities. I will say, however, that it was VERY humid, couldn't even wear shorts, could only wear sundresses.

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
701 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather??

You will get some sun while in Huatulco, even in rainy season there are activities like quads, horseback, dune boogies. You will enjoy Huatulco.

Alfredo

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather??

Sunny today.

CH

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather??

Hows the weather in November?

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather??

November is a beautiful month

Rainy seaon over everything still green

Virtually everyday sunny and 83f

Wayne Overby

Villa Sol y Mar

(House of the Sun & Sea)

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather??

Hola.

We LOVE being in Huatulco in November!!

The rainy season has just ended and the flora and fauna are alive and in splendor and all aglow with every color of the rainbow. The ocean is warm, the evenings are balmy and rivers run and the waterfalls gush making water-based sports in the mountains much more lively than during the drier (winter) months. In November there are fewer visitors and the beaches are MUCH less crowded.

Further, La Revolución Mexicana (Mexican Revolution) which lasted from 1910-1917 is celebrated. A few years ago was the 100th anniversary of the Mexican Revolution and we attended the children’s parade in Huatulco (La Crucecita) that celebrated the event, see:

huatulcoresidence.com/Huatulco_Revolution_Pa…

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Mentioned in this post
La Crucecita
La Crucecita
57 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather??

Keyser- Late November, weather wise is perfect.. added plus is if you are coming down on a charter via Vancouver, and you have the luxury/ cojones to wait to book.....the last minute sell offs are almost always stellar, 30-70% off, depending on hotels.

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Plainfield...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather??

November is absolutely gorgeous. The rains have stopped but it isn't too warm (April/May are the worst months for heat).

To the OP, if you see this before you leave don't worry. It is cloudier here now (much preferred to the pounding heat!) and has been raining off and on since Barbara came around the coast, but the rain is scattered and doesn't last long. It's raining right now and has every night for about a week now, but it makes sleeping very comfortable, there's still plenty of sun during the day, and it isn't cold at all. Hope you have a good time! :)

Oh, and there were some jellyfish in the sea last month, but they didn't stick around long as far as I know. I haven't encountered any recently and I'm pretty sure the water will be fine. :)

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather??

Planning a trip to Huatulco for the first time, in mid June but concerned about overcast and cloudy weather, making gloomy for us to sunbathe.

10. Re: Weather??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 03, 2015