We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 New Stores Coming to Huatulco

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
2 New Stores Coming to Huatulco

It looks as if Super Che is due for some competition

I was told that Soriana is building a new store by the large bus Depot

From what I am told Soriana is another Mexican version of a super Wal Mart

Also I have been told that Copell is allready building there new store Near Super Che

Copell is a department store

I like more options hopefully both stores will offer more options and competition

Wayne Overby

Villa Sol y Mar

(House of the Sun & Sea)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
385 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 New Stores Coming to Huatulco

there goes the neighborhood

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
672 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 New Stores Coming to Huatulco

I would imagine that the Local people are ecstatic to have some competition! It keeps the prices honest!

Personally I was not a big fan of Super Che. I thought it was dire need of a good cleaning. And I thought the prices were a bit steep! But when there is no competition, there is no need to keep it clean with decent prices. Just my humble opinion!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
848 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 New Stores Coming to Huatulco

My only hope is that it does not put the smaller mom and pop stores at risk.... have seen this happen to many times here and in Mexico.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
ZN
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 New Stores Coming to Huatulco

Copell opened about 8 months ago in Puerto Escondido and I don't believe it has effected Super Che's business in the least. They probably directly compete with Elektra.

I find their merchandise to be uninteresting and typically over priced for the quality. Soriana might be interesting and will probably be more popular with the locals, like Bodega Aurrera is in P.E.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Escondido
Puerto Escondido
Oaxaca, Mexico
5. Re: 2 New Stores Coming to Huatulco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics