We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castillo or binniguenda

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Castillo or binniguenda

Trying to decide between these two hotels for Jan. of 2014. Has anyone been to both and can offer some advice?

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castillo or binniguenda

Yes, been to both and would return to either.

Castillo has a much nicer beach club. Food was fine at both. Staff great at both. Very nice grounds and pool at binniguenda . Beds were better at binni. Both have that great local feel!

I understand the beach club for binni has changed since we were there in December ...new location . Services were VERY limited when we were there and I missed eating lunch at the beach like you can at Castillo .

Guess it depends on what you want....if you want to hang at the beach club then choose Castillo . We don't really mind where our rest time is spent....pool or beach so price would make the difference for us. Both were great starting points for our long morning walks!

Binni had great wifi....

Winnipeg, Mb.
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castillo or binniguenda

Cannot find any availability for the Castillo for departures on Feb 11, 18, out of YWG.......sold out already....?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
266 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castillo or binniguenda

I'm not finding any availability for the Castillo before Feb, out of Toronto, either. I don't think I can wait that long. It seems a bit strange.

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Castillo or binniguenda

Just checked... everything is back on-line. When looking this early it's not unusual for charter companies to have "bleeps" every now and then. Just keep checking on a regular basis.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Castillo or binniguenda

Found a pattern with the bleeps in the sites, this usually means a price change, and this normally occurs just before the weekend, apparently from previous discussions with handling company the prices will nudge up just before the weekend as this is the time when anyone looking decide to check and book.

Just happened with Air Canada out of Wpg. via TO, the Binneguenda jumped 600.00 from Friday morn. when I checked to Sat. morn. week before last.

was just under 3300 for two taxes in, now it is over 3800 We have not been down in Huatulco for two years, and there is something about the people, area that has us wanting to go back

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
681 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Castillo or binniguenda

Biinniguenda had a major renovation done recently. They are working on their own beach club in Santa Cruz beach, next to Doña Celia´s Restaurant.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Castillo or binniguenda

Hmmm... That is very interesting news! I had been leaning towards choosing the Castillo because of it's beach club. However, I am growing increasingly concerned about the swimming aspect of Chahue Beach. Sounds like it is unswimmable most of the time. (dangerous waters) I will definitely be looking at choosing the Binniguenda now that it will have it's own beach club. Santa Cruz Beach sounds like a much better place to swim and hang out.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
266 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Castillo or binniguenda

Last month we stayed at the Castillo. We usually walked over and swam at Santa Cruz beach in the morning. In the afternoon we went to the beach club for lunch and a swim at Chahue. Very nice lunch. Only once was it too rough for swimming. It wasn't as bad as the ocean in front of the Crown. I thought my number was up there! And the beach club does have a very nice pool.

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Castillo or binniguenda

Huatulco has 36 beaches so you really don't need to be locked into just one. The best beaches for swimming and snorkelling aren't affiliated with ANY of the major hotels or resorts so I personally wouldn't let that be MY main deciding factor!

I have to say, the Castillo's beach club is really nice and it is rarely crowded. When I am in Huatulco, I make a point of spending at least one day there even when I am staying somewhere else. True, the beach isn't the best beach for swimming but it is really pretty and peaceful there. I enjoy kicking back on a lounge chair and reading or just relaxing while I am listening to the surf .........

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either resort, and you'll love being so close to town.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Castillo or binniguenda

Both of these places look excellent, and I hope someone can update on the new beach club for Binniguenda?

Which one has larger rooms and grounds? Does the Castillo offer an entertainment crew and nightly shows?

Do either have a mini fridge in the room?

The price is not a whole lot different to make the choice easy, so it all comes down to the details!

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics