We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tennis Nearby Dreams

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Brookfield...
3 posts
Save Topic
Tennis Nearby Dreams

We realize there are not tennis courts at the Dreams, but are still hoping to play tennis. I've seen some sites mention "Tennis Nearby". Has anyone played tennis off resort in the area and have tips. The very last time we stayed at the Gala (before it became the Dreams) the tennis courts were no longer available and they drove us to tennis courts at the golf course. Are these public courts and I can just have a taxi take us there? I don't know if the Gala had a special arrangement at the time. I've reached out to Dreams to find out this information and have been disappointed to get no response (twice).

Port Perry, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tennis Nearby Dreams

we enjoy the odd game while in Huatulco. We stayed at Dream Feb 5-19 this year and played both at the Golf course and next door at the Barceló. Hands down preferred the Barceló. You can walk and the courts are in great condition. The golf course courts are in dire need of repair. A small fee was payed to play at Barceló. Ask Axel or any of the concierge to set up your court times. Enjoy!

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,191 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tennis Nearby Dreams

There are a couple of astroturf courts at the Dreams sister resort, Secrets. See if the Dreams concierge will book you court time at Secrets.

Brookfield...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tennis Nearby Dreams

Thanks for the tips! Sad to hear about the golf course courts... they were beautiful a few years back. The Barceló sounds like it would work well for us.

Brookfield...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tennis Nearby Dreams

We are two adults and two teenagers so I'm guessing the Secrets won't be a choice, but thanks for the idea!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tennis Nearby Dreams

Does anyone know how much it costs to play tennis at the Barcelo?

Port Perry, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tennis Nearby Dreams

if we remember correctly it was around 20 bucks total, for as long as we wanted.

7. Re: Tennis Nearby Dreams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics