We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Bocana beach question?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
La Bocana beach question?

Dos anyone know the cost of mud baths and massages at La Bocana beach? Looking forward to a day there!

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Bocana beach question?

100 pesos for the mud rub. dont know bout the massage.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: La Bocana beach question?

Cervezes 25 pesos

California
Level Contributor
652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Bocana beach question?

It's practically a massage when they rub off the dried mud.

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
637 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Bocana beach question?

When we were there a few weeks ago, we walked all the way to the Copilita River. You are able to walk across it. It does come up to your waist with a bit of current but certainly do-able. Once you get to the other side of the river, there is miles of more beautiful breach.

For beers in la Bocana. If facing the two open air restaurants pick the one on your right. It's cleaner and we were told by a local (friend) to stay clear of the other one. No reason was given, nor did we ask. For lunch on the same side of the street about 50 feet away is a Cool place to eat. It has a carved tree in front. Sorry I can't remember the name of it, Santa (something,I think). Have fun in La Bocana. Oh and go in the morning before 10 am, before the tide starts to come in.

Edited: 8:22 am, March 07, 2013
berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Bocana beach question?

The massage is very reasonable but I can't remember the exact price. I think we did both the mud and massage for less than 400 pesos 2 years ago.

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Bocana beach question?

st returned from a great day at LaBocana, mud baths were great for 100 pesos each, beautiful sunny day, romped in the waves, enjoyed cervezas and fish burger on the beach........awesome way to spend the day!

Ju

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Bocana beach question?

Hubby and I both had a mud bath and an hour long massage each from the little lady that has a hut on the right hand side before the restaurant, 50 peso' each for mud bath 350 pesos each for massage. Total 800 pesos and had a fantastic massage from her. Would highly reccomend her. I go there every year, first time for hubby and he really enjoyed it!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Bocana beach question?

The restaurant is Santa Clara that beechwalkers mentioned. If you can plan it they make the chicken baked in clay (need 5 hour notice) We had dinner at their other location and the chicken was wonderful! I did not know they were also near La Bocana beach, very pretty restaurant. There is also a little store almost right beside them you can buy cold bear,soft drinks etc (also right beside the showers that the ladies take you to after the mud treatment) Have Fun!

California
Level Contributor
652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Bocana beach question?

The showers at La Bocana were not longer there last December. Everyone was rinsing off after their mud baths in the river or ocean.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Bocana beach question?

There are showers , we used them at the end of January this year. Right beside the small store there are 2 shower stalls. When standing looking from beach on the right side, just past the small hotel.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics