We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toys donations and other stuff

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
277 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Toys donations and other stuff

Do the staff at the resorts accept gifts, like toys etc. we have done this at other countries like Cuba and Dominican.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Toys donations and other stuff

Yes, we agree, Nuevo Amanacer does great charitable works in Huatulco and is very worthy of your donations.

CH

Galesburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Toys donations and other stuff

My middle son does therapies at his preschool. I was thinking of asking some of his therapists if they have items they no longer use or samples or demos they would like to send with us. I figure we could just have the cab drop us there when we go into town to shop. We always leave room in our bags to bring back gifts anyway. Might as well be full on the way down.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Toys donations and other stuff

We suggest cash; otherwise ask them what they need, and perhaps bring those things. One of our neighbors is bringing wheelchairs.

CH

Edited: 10:27 pm, February 13, 2013
Galesburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Toys donations and other stuff

They have a wish list on the website was going to pick up a few of those things as well.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Toys donations and other stuff

We are going to Huatulco on March 5th and we are bringing 2 new baseball bats, 2 new baseball gloves, 3 new baseballs, and a couple of other small items that we want to donate. Who would we contact to drop off these items. We heard that there is an orphanage in Huatulco. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Toys donations and other stuff

We are going to Huatulco on March 5th and we are bringing 2 new baseball bats, 2 new baseball gloves, 3 new baseballs, and a couple of other small items that we want to donate. Who would we contact to drop off these items. We heard that there is an orphanage in Huatulco. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Toys donations and other stuff

Cjhayfo - Wonderful to hear that you are going to visit the school. Last month we were fortunate enough to be invited back for a special birthday party for one of the students... What a hoot! I'm hooked... line and sinker for this special little school. It's located above a hardware store- and run by a Saint of a Gal named Flor. I do know that big on their wish list is nutritional supplements and powdered baby formula... that and any kind of monetary donation. The school is bursting at the seams.. Flor's son is working on plans for re designing the original space. What they really need is their own space and housing for the volunteer students.

18. Re: Toys donations and other stuff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics