We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican BBQ

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
iowa
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Mexican BBQ

Where can I find good Mexican BBQ ?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexican BBQ

La Finca Vaqueros

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexican BBQ

I second that!

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexican BBQ

I personally think that the originel Finca de Vaqueros is still better the the one located in Huatulco

The originel is located on the road to Port Angel

Wayne Overby

Villa Sol y Mar

(House of the Sun & Sea)

iowa
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexican BBQ

Thanks to all I'll take a look when we get there in feb.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexican BBQ

Hola.

If you want meat on the BBQ, for proximity and convenience, we prefer Kristol Rose in La Crucecita. For fish, we like Grillo Marinara, also in La Crucecita.

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Boise Idaho
Level Contributor
771 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexican BBQ

La Finca de Vaqueros... no doubt. Two locations, one on the north end of tLa Crucecita adjacent to the Corona distributor, the other, as Wayne says, outside Pochutla on the road to Puerto Angel (about 45 minutes from Huatulco). Get the mixed grill, and be sure to include the bean soup (called "charros").. its to die for.

Beausejour
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexican BBQ

Cassa Hoffa, we agree that Grillo Marinera is the very best for fish. We dined there twice as a result of a recommendation from a couple we met at our hotel - the best recommendation ever. The owner is so accommodating - he recommended the shrimp, fried in garlic butter and offered to serve them without heads and shells. The shrimp was to die for. The second time we went we had the Red Snapper and the Mahi, Mahi - out of this world. We brought a bottle of wine with us the second night (they only serve beer and soda) which we had our bartender open for us at the hotel and the owner had no problem with us BYOB. He wouldn't even charge us a small corkage fee. What a wonderful, hospitable area Huatulco is. We'll definitely be going back!

8. Re: Mexican BBQ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics