We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pochutla market

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Pochutla market

Anyone been to the market in pochutla(mondays only I believe) or tour the area. Would like to set up a day trip.

Boise Idaho
Level Contributor
882 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pochutla market

There's a very large mercado in Pochutla that is open every day. Monday is market day tho.. there will be a lot more people and vendors there. Its best to go with a guide who will have a vehicle, A/C and is bi-lingual. I'd recommend Marcos Lopez. He's licensed, knowledgeable, has a roomy sedan, and is a great guy. You can reach him at Huatulcotours@yahoo.com or on his cell phone (044) 958-106-1687. Pochutla is about 45 minutes to an hour's drive from the Huatulco area.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pochutla market

You have good info in #1 above. You can combine Pochutla with a swim and a lunch on the beach at Zipolite or calmer San Agustinillo. These two beach towns are about 125 pesos ($10) from Pochutla. See what's west of the airport on the top questions of this page.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
558 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pochutla market

WE regularly take the bus from the bus depot, go to Puchutla for a few hours, bus back to the corner of Santa Maria de Huatulco and San Agustinillo, jump in a taxi, go to the beach at San Ag, have the taxi pick up back up at designated time, jump back on bus at corner and get dropped off right in the middle of LaCrucecita.....easy, cheap, good day out.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pochutla market

I can't access the article "What's west of the airport" article :(

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pochutla market

Try tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150789-c128364/Huatu…

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pochutla market

Thanks. I e-mailed him a couple weeks ago, but have not heard back. I just sent another one today.

7. Re: Pochutla market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics