We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with choosing a hotel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
107 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with choosing a hotel

I would like to stay in a hotel where I can walk to to Santa Cruz and La Creucita. I am having a little bit of a hard time with the geography of Huatulco. If we could have a hotel on the beach or with views of the ocean that would be great. I have been to many places in Mexico and Huatulco sounds so beautiful. Any help with this matter would be so appreciated. Gracias, Connie

Huatulco, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Huatulco
Level Contributor
925 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with choosing a hotel

Hotels Costa Eden, Best Western Posada Chahue and Villablanca are all about 10 minutes walking from Santa Cruz and La Crucecita and 5 minutes walking from Chahue Beach.

Even if you stay somewhere else, distances in the Huatulco area are not big and moving around by taxi is easy and affordable.

Roberto

Hurricane Divers

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with choosing a hotel

Now, it completely depends on how far you want to walk....

As Roberto says the distances are not an issue, especially with the inexpensive cabs. It's about 5km from Tangolunda Bay to either of the towns, Secrets is farther out. Those would be your beachfront choices.

In Santa Cruz you could try Castillo or Binniguenda, less touristy. They both have beach clubs but are not on the beach and no views of the water.

We have done the walk from Tangolunda to town very many times and love it, but it is hot and certainly not for everyone!

This year we are trying the Binniguenda...but this hotel may not be to everyone's taste...newly refurbished and very few reviews. For some reason it appealed to us this year.

We have stayed at Castillo (loved it), Crown (not too bad, great large rooms with spectactular views...across from the beach) and Las Brisas (very nice, great beaches!)

Morelos, Mexico
Level Contributor
334 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with choosing a hotel

Lots of very good reviews of Binniguenda on Mexican Trip Advisor.

Mexican tourists.

The beach club is by Dona Celia's in Santa Cruz..

Have a lovely holiday!

4. Re: Need help with choosing a hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics