We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation dates Feb or March 2013

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Madison
Level Contributor
293 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation dates Feb or March 2013

You guys made us decide to come here vs Cabo this year. Have to put in vacation request tomorrow. We need to book the trip...but not til time off is approved... So need to try and pick best dates. We are from Madison WI but can fly from there or Chicago or Minneapolis. Need to pick time off for the 10 days. Understand weather will always be perfect/ So....thinking we will not do an AI, but try to do a vrbo or hotel. anyone know if it would be cheaper to fly in Feb or March in general? If generally not much difference, any thoughts on choosing late Feb or mid or late March? I know when we have booked Cabo in the past, we tried to avoid Spring Break as it was more expensive and harder to book hotels etc. Looking at taking about 10 days range from Feb 20 thru March 20. If no big difference, will just pick days and go from there. thanks again. I tend to ask tons of questions once pick a spot. THANKS FOR ALL PREVIOUS AND FUTURE INPUT

Denver, CO USA
Level Contributor
407 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation dates Feb or March 2013

You will LOVE it in Huatulco! Our trip for February is already booked and just out of curiosity I checked our flights for two weeks in March and they are substantially higher. I don't know if that would hold true flying out of Chicago but it is for Denver.

If you are not going to stay at an AI I highly recommend you check out Mision de los Arcos! We have stayed there and absolutely loved it. It is located in La Cruceita, not near a beach but a lovely hotel/restaraunt/coffee/ice cream shop all in one. The hosts are wonderful, the rooms are clean and lovely. Soft beds (which is hard to find in Mexico) and beautifully decorated.

Enjoy doing your research (to me that's a lot of the fun in planning a trip). I predict that you will be like many of the rest of us and totally fall in love with the area and the people.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
501 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation dates Feb or March 2013

Be sure to check out other hotels also (ie: Villa Blanca) and compare your "needs" checklist. The Mision de los ARcos is lovely, but if having a pool to cool off in , after a day at the beach is a necessity, or just to lounge around by , the Mision does not have a pool. Also, being in the centre of town, while it is convenient, it is also right beside a school and the school bells like to ring early.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
691 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation dates Feb or March 2013

I don't know if this wil be an issue for OP or not but, just to let you know that heat & humidity increases towards the end of March (and later obviously),

so if you have asthma or other respiratory conditions, it can be problematic for a large portion of day & early evenings.

Alan

Edited: 8:17 pm, November 15, 2012
Appleton...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation dates Feb or March 2013

There is a non-stop charter from Chicago on Saturdays. I think you can book directly with Frontier Airlines or Apple Vacations.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation dates Feb or March 2013

Easter is early this year, March 29 being Good Friday. Being a Huatulco virgin I am not sure if closings over the Easter weekend are a factor. We are going the first 2 weeks of March as we like to be at home for Easter.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation dates Feb or March 2013

Hey Ed...closings are not a factor, but many, many national tourists will be. The beaches, Chahue, Santa Cruz, Entrega, Maguey and even San Agustin will be packed. Some like big crowds, not me. The first two weeks of March are our favorite time to go.

chicago
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation dates Feb or March 2013

We went twice at about the second week in March as it was my son's spring break. Stayed at Villa Blanca both times. NO spring breakers anywhere that I saw, altho I don't know how the AIs were. Didn't see many people in town either. Huatulco is not a spring break destination for the college crowd. Elementary and high schools around here (Chicago suburbs) have spring break the end of March so prices could be more expensive. Just a note about the Apple flight, it goes Saturday to Saturday so you would have to go either for 7 or 14 nights.

8. Re: Vacation dates Feb or March 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics