We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of the year to visit?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Best time of the year to visit?

What is the best time of the year to visit Huatulco (weather, pricing, etc.)?

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time of the year to visit?

There is no bad time of the year to visit Huatulco - but our favourite month is November. No crowds, everything is still green and the water is warm.

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time of the year to visit?

I agree with KT 100%. I'll just add- in early November, you can still take advantage of low season/ off season rates at the smaller hotels and villas. Places you thought were out of your price range are surprisingly affordable!

I've been told Huatulco is also really beautiful during the rainy season, so one of these days ...................

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time of the year to visit?

mariaguapa - Our second favourite time in HUX is August! Hot, humid, sunny, rainy, and beautiful.....

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time of the year to visit?

Hola.

There is really no bad time to come to Huatulco and the best time depends on what you like in terms of flora, fauna and fun.

The months of January, February, March and April are generally HOT and DRY with virtually no rain. During these months the temperatures are about 10 degrees (F) cooler than during the summer months but still, even light sweaters are NOT needed except if you take 4 AM strolls on the beach. However, during these months the place is very crowded with visitors, especially around Easter. The sea is still warm and inviting and fishing is a great past time.

The months of May, June, July and August are quite HOT and HUMID, but hey, we are “sauna people” and look forward to sitting on the beach in Chahue and enjoying the sea breeze and an occasional daytime sprinkle. Generally the rains come very early in the morning and at night and it is a gorgeous time of the year as most plants have regained their foliage and the flora and fauna spring to life and are in splendor and are aglow with every color of the rainbow. The rivers run and the waterfalls gush making water-based sports in the mountains much more lively than during the drier months. During these months there are much fewer visitors except for August when there are many more Mexican residents who take to the beaches for their vacations.

September, October, November and December are wonderful months as the weather is HOT and not nearly as humid nor rainy BUT the foliage and flowers are still colorful and (until late November) have not yet faded into dormancy. The sea is very warm (like a bath) and trips into the green mountains are especially very inviting. In November/December, many visitors start to return, and the cycle begins anew.

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,333 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time of the year to visit?

We have been going to Huatulco & Ixtapa (a little north) for the past 8 years and we have had no bad experiences with any months we have traveled to these areas. We have done late April - early May for the past two years to Huatulco and it really enjoyed the area (very good pricing). At this time it is just past the peak times and the resorts are only 60% full but the weather is perfect 90-95 degrees and sunny!!!.

Lake County...
Level Contributor
171 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time of the year to visit?

We have gone to HUX 10 of the last 12 Novembers. We typically go over US Thanksgiving and really enjoy that time of year. We also go almost every year in either January or March. I don't think there is a bad time to be there. Of course, I am obviously biased toward Huatulco.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time of the year to visit?

"....Of course, I am obviously biased toward Huatulco...."

Most of us are, Ayuda. Most of us are!! :-))

CH

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time of the year to visit?

Whenever the weather is bad where you live!

For us Feb is great, usually too much snow here in Ohio!

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best time of the year to visit?

When you guys say hot, what sort of temps? I am really trying to go in early Dec and will be travelling with an 18 month old. She put up with Cuba, Mexico (PV) and the Dominican last year with temps around 28c. Are the temps simular?

Mike :)

london,Canada
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best time of the year to visit?

I don't think there is really a bad time except in their rainy season but there are no flights from Toronto during this time May to October. We went in March,2011 and the weather was hot, hot, hot, little humidity and the bay water was cool, cooler than the Caribbean but it didn't matter too much because it was above 30 every day. We would like to go back in November to see how the countryside looks when it is still green and not brown. November prices are generally lower than in the spring although sometimes good deals are available in the spring. We waited and were able to go for less than $1000 each before taxes in March.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics