We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crown Pacific Resort, Huatulco

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
B.C.
2 posts
Save Topic
Crown Pacific Resort, Huatulco

Has anyone been to the Crown Pacific in Huatulco recently? My husband and I have booked a trip in Feb. 05, and would be grateful for any info and advice. Thanks, Gail from Canada

Midwest USA
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crown Pacific Resort, Huatulco

Salud

http://216.193.236.147/frm/read.php?f=15&i=135&t=135

Stephen (www.huatulcoparadise.net/)

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Crown Pacific Resort, Huatulco

hi, my family and I stayed at the gala which was accross the street from the crown pacific last week. The resort from what i could see looked ok. It is not on the beach so you will have to cross the highway to get to the beach. Apparently there is a part of the beach that is reserved for you. You will enjoy the surrounding area. Make a point of going to santa cruz and la cracacita (spelling??). Weather was great 32-35 degrees each day. People are very friendly.

Enjoy your trip

Vancouver B.C.
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crown Pacific Resort, Huatulco

We didn't stay there but did go through through the resort last week,the rooms are huge with just a fantastic view,they have a beach club about a five minute walk to the beach.We talked to some people staying there and they were very happy with the resort.the resort was only about half full compared to the Barcelo and Gala that were just packed so your service may be better.The area of Huatulco is a secret paradise and we will be going back next year.

Vancouver B.C.
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crown Pacific Resort, Huatulco

We didn't stay there but did go through through the resort last week,the rooms are huge with just a fantastic view,they have a beach club about a five minute walk to the beach.We talked to some people staying there and they were very happy with the resort.the resort was only about half full compared to the Barcelo and Gala that were just packed so your service may be better.The area of Huatulco is a secret paradise and we will be going back next year.

Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crown Pacific Resort, Huatulco

I have not been there but think it sounds like a great place to go . Please write a review after you go !!!!!!

Ladner, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crown Pacific Resort, Huatulco

Stayed at The crown pacific jan 15 - 21. The Hotel is a little worn around the edges but still very nice and the service was very good.

The food was realy good on Friday and Saturday night, they have dinner and a show at the beach club. The food is all Mexican. Lunch and during the week we started to get a little tired of it so we went into La crucceta for dinner a few times. There are quite a few good resturants in the area. We talked to quite a few couples who ate at the steak and seafood resturant just down the street from the Hotel and said it was very good. There are also a number of good resturants in Santa Cruise But we never made it to them. We were only around the hotel a few times for lunch it wasen't too bad.

We took a few tours we went to the coffee and water falls with the tour company which operates out of the hotel STS Tours. I thought it was a great trip. The road is very bumpy so don't go hung over or if you get car sick easy. It is a great tour if your interested in rural Mexico. We also booked a catamerian tour with a guy on the beach named Conception every one on the boat was Mexican but we had a good time even though we can't speak spanish. There are a number a people on the beach with ships wheels on their shirts who will sell you fishing and sightseeing boat trips. They seem fine every one we met who went out with them had a good time. Our signature rep told us not to book with them because they will try to sell you time share condos and their boats break down. But we had no problem and found out their are no time shares in Hautulco.

Ladner, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crown Pacific Resort, Huatulco

We stayed at the crown pacific Jan 14 t0o Jan 21. The hotel is a little worn around the edges but very clean and the staff were very good. The complex built on a steep hill so there is alot of walking up and down but there is a shuttle which goes from the beach club to the hotel and will take you right to your room. There is also a lift which goes as high as building 7. we loved the hotel because of the unique layout.

Friday and Saturday nights dinner is at the beach club with all mexican food. I loved it . The rest of the week was OK but there are alot of good resturants in the area which you may want to try. We enjoyed going into La crucceta ( I hope I spelled that right) for dinner. the cab ride is only 25 pasoes and the resturants are clean and resonabley priced.

I found the hotel a good value and would stay there again.

I hope this helped

Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crown Pacific Resort, Huatulco

Just got back from the Crown Pacific in Huatulco and would recommend it without hesitation. I had stayed at the Barcelo five years ago my first time in that area and it was lovely but we found it noisy and too large for our taste. So this time around we went for the smaller venue and it proved to be worthwhile. It's not a luxurious place but would be great for families or those who want to spread out in their suites. The shuttle bus gets you back and forth to the small beach club and the taxis can get you into town for $2.50 one way. The nearby Don Portifino BBQ Restaurant was a treat the night before we left and everyone in our group raved about their food. And in nearby Santa Cruz or La Crucecita there are all kinds of restaurants.

Signature Vacations was our rep and they push their tours but I found their bay tour to be noisy and more like a "booze cruise" so would recommend a local tour operator. It is definitely worthwhile to explore the different beaches and taxi drivers will drop you off and pick you up at an assigned time. Arrocito was small and lovely and is worth the trip. The bay in front of the hotel is Tangolunda and you could snorkel down at the east end with good results. I'm looking forward to going back next Jan. and would definitely book this same hotel.

Midwest USA
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crown Pacific Resort, Huatulco

��Buenas D��as!

You might want to check out the latest post about the Crown Pacific (generally positive) --

http://216.193.236.147/frm/read.php?f=15&i=739&t=739

Adios Amiga,

Stephen

www.HuatulcoParadise.net -- a Yahoo Grupo of over 250 members

I have "filed many Trip Reports about the Gala, Barcelo, Crown Pacific, Castillo, and LasBrisas in the "File" section of the Yahoo Grupo.

newfoundland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Crown Pacific Resort, Huatulco

Hi Gail, my husband and I are staying at the Crowne from the 31st to the 7th of Feb. From what I've read on other sites, it's not the best place to stay solely because it's not on the beach... We really didn't care and prefer the walk anyway. Besides, the price was right and if the food is not great, I understand the local restaurants are not only good but inexpensive as well. From what I've been reading about the higher priced resorts, I'm glad we booked at the Crowne. They don't seem to have very consistent reviews.

One point about the Crowne. Apparently there are timeshare sales people at the hotel. Someone was saying if you just tell them a firm no, they'll leave you alone.

Nicole

p.s. maybe we'll see each other there. I'll be the slightly pregnant brunette with the dark haired man.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics