We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in june

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
UK
Level Contributor
97 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
weather in june

hi

my boyf and were planning trip in november, now thinking of bringing it forward to june for various reasons. i know its the start of the rainy season - is the weather likely to be rubbish? i've checked a couple of websites which said 14 days or rain and about 130mm. are the rains heavy or do they come and go quite quickly?

the main purpose of trip is beach and relaxing, but would like to see some sites too.

also, are there any mayan sites, ruins nearbye?

thanks!!

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in june

As you mentioned June is the start of the rainy season

Every greens up like crazy

Moslty rain at night

but you might 2 days of rain in row

I have always been lucky in June with beautiful weather

Villa Sol y Mar

(House of the Sun & Sea)

UK
Level Contributor
97 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in june

Thank you - i've just realised there are quite a few posts on this already but thanks for taking time to reply.

Deridder, Louisiana
Level Contributor
548 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in june

My wife and I were there last June and I was also worried about the rainy season. It did rain a few times but they were mostly quick downpours that lasted maybe 30 minutes to an hour. Heck, it rained no more than any of our summer stays in Punta Cana or Cancun / Playa in June. We are headed back this June if that tells you anything. Good luck in your planning.

chicago
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in june

Which would be the least rainiest -- June or September?

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in june

September and June are both about the same

Villa Sol y Mar

(House of the Sun & Sea)

UK
Level Contributor
97 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in june

Thank you. we're going to be there at the beginning of june. i certainly dont mind the odd shower, i get the impression it could be quite hot and muggy so it will probably be quite welcome. first time to pacific coast, can't wait!

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in june

Hola.

Yes, it is quite hot and humid from June-September but we are "sauna" people and look forward to sitting on the beach and enjoying the sea breeze and an occasional daytime sprinkle. Generally the rains come very early in the morning and at night. It is a gorgeous time of the year as most plants have regained their foliage. That said, bring your mosquito and “noseeum” repellent (we prefer Cutters with 30% deet).

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa

Bahia Chahue

Huatulco

8. Re: weather in june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics