We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review: Villa Paita -- Paradise Found !!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
South of Disorder...
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Review: Villa Paita -- Paradise Found !!!

Note: this review is from a 40-somethings' trip in Sept. '09 -- well into The Green & No Visitors In Sight Season in Huatulco.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VILLA PAITA

From it's open air living ... and its partially palapa-protected lap pool ... to its 180-degree view of Tangolunda & Conejos bays (complete with cliffs & crashing waves below and the Sierra Madres to your back) ... the fabulous Villa Paita played perfect host to our Huatulco escape this year.

Location: high on a cliff-top point between two (of nine) picture-perfect bays. In private residential Conejos at the end of a quiet and notably unpopulated cul-de-sac. Unimproved lots are currently the villa's neighbors. 10ish minutes drive to La Crucecita -- allowing time to joke with the security guys at the community's entrance gate.

Flora & Fauna: Beautifully landscraped grounds (a million shades of green in September) with flowers, banana plants and brilliant ornamentals which provide you complete and colorful privacy.

Lizards, geckos, frogs, lightening bugs, peligans, gulls, frigates, hummingbirds, green parrot-y-kinda-guys, festive chukalakas ... and the occasional thirsty buzzard welcome you. If you're lucky, you'll even score some glorious evening performances from the Villa Paita Bat-llet.

The Villa: maybe best described as Thoughtfully Upscale Rustic Chic.

"Upscale" in that you'll enjoy 3 televisions (2 flat screens); a fantastic satellite radio-type system pumped throughout the villa ... and soon the nearly completed Master Suite palapa will enjoy a 360-degree panoramic view of the breath-taking land- (and water-) scapes. You can also enjoy hardy air conditioning at bedtime if the nights grow heavy.

"Rustic" as there will be no glass in the windows as you dine -- you'll simply enjoy your meals al fresco. (The organic materials used to create the villa's roof and the gorgeous palapa over your cliffside hammock make for a naturally kicked-back for the week.) Singing amphibians will lull you to sleep.

"Chic" - check out the wood carvings, dramatically-lit boulders and leopard skin wall hangings. The vibe is pure "Beautiful Private Fun".

... and finally "Thoughtful" ... which is synonymous with your gracious hosts Marco and Maribel.

Marco will check in with you daily to ensure that your every need is met -- and is always available by phone. In our case, Marco was kind enough to pick us up at the airport AND offer up his Road-Dominating 2002 VW Beetle for the week. :) Besides all that, he's just an adorably funny dude. )

... and as for the delightful Maribel ... be sure to ask if she's available to create her famous Mix Grill for your first dinner. (We didn't and are *still* kicking ourselves.)

At any rate, pls message me if you'd like to learn more. I can't promise to be unbaised, but I can promise continuing favorable blather with complete honesty. :D

Enjoy Huatulco!

K.

Note: Beginning September-ish 2009, Villa Paita will comfortably sleep six across three bedrooms: a private bath & bedroom King palapa added to the villa this summer; one queen bedroom and one bedroom with two twin beds. Currently, televisions are in each bedroom. 3 full baths, in total.

Mentioned in this post
Huatulco
Huatulco
Oaxaca, Mexico
Tangolunda
Tangolunda
468 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Crucecita
Crucecita
Huatulco, Mexico
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
hennessey okla.
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Review: Villa Paita -- Paradise Found !!!

Ok I really need to see pictures!! Please share if you have any?? This sounds like heaven!!

South of Disorder...
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review: Villa Paita -- Paradise Found !!!

I'm workin' it, Jamker. :)

I'm entirely lacking on the picture download know-how ... and The Boy is out on biz until the weekend. I'm hoping that maybe he can give me a hand with that on Sunday.

If you'd like to see a bit in the meantime,you can scope villapaita.com. I gotta admit, though, we were pleasantly surprised by how the web pics didn't even begin to translate to how beautiful the villa is.

Hopefully more in a few days!

K.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,120 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review: Villa Paita -- Paradise Found !!!

Sounds absolutely perfect! We love to rent villas or condos in Mexico. We will definitely keep this place in mind.

Thanks for the review!

Maggie

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
CORNWALL
Level Contributor
219 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review: Villa Paita -- Paradise Found !!!

WOW...this place looks great! There is also a link on the website to Villa Valencia, which would be a great option for 3 families traveling together (entirely separate accommodations), plus golfing right at your door.

South of Disorder...
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review: Villa Paita -- Paradise Found !!!

Loosely, because I'm sure I was up do my gills in mezcal as I was being told the connection...

Marco, Villa Paita's owner/proprietor, is a construction kinda guy. He secured the land, envisioned Paita ... then pretty much built it. (Similarly, he appears to be heavily engaged with the team building the addition.)

It is my understanding that he was also heavily involved in the construction of Villa Valencia.

Marco seems to have a rampant case of Cool Creative Brain.* :D

K.

*I can create One Mean Silly Putty Snake -- if cornered.

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
South of Disorder...
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Review: Villa Paita -- Paradise Found !!!

Pics are officially on their way. Have "em ready ... am just waiting for TA to ok my Villa Paita review. I'll post the pics on there & drop the pic link over here as soon as I'm street legal.

More soon!

K.

South of Disorder...
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Review: Villa Paita -- Paradise Found !!!

Hi, All-

Presenting my maiden, if somewhat lacking in pizazz, voyage into Photobucket! :D

With the exception of the first two, all pics are at Villa Paita proper. The first pic is a portion of the drive into Conejos; the second is the residential beach.

OK, Photobucket ... show us whatcha got!*

s955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/Sailbait/

Cheers, all!

K.

*I really hope I don't break the Internet, again.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,120 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Review: Villa Paita -- Paradise Found !!!

Very nice! Thanks for posting. :)

Los Angeles
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Review: Villa Paita -- Paradise Found !!!

Just returned from a week at Villa Paita. Beautifully landscaped, dramatic setting on the cliffs overlooking the ocean below. There is a beautiful practically private beach a 3 minute walk if you feel compelled to leave this paradise. The upstairs bedroom addition is beautiful and Marco is the perfect host. Myra is his new and very capable cook..It's definitely worth having dinner prepared at least one night, as no restaurant has the views and atmosphere of your own home.

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
10. Re: Review: Villa Paita -- Paradise Found !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 11, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics