We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather, construction, scuba

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
san francisco
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
weather, construction, scuba

I'm thinking of honeymooning at El Careyes begining of Nov.- who's a good weather forcaster?

Is the construction thing going to be going on?

Is there any scuba? snorkeling? what's the water temp (do I need a wetsuit).

If one were coming from PVR would you spend 1 nite in PV on the way down, way back or skip PV all together?

Thanks in advance (and for all the prior posts.)

dallas
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather, construction, scuba

The weather in November will be perfect, the rainy season ends in mid October and it rarely rains in Careyes outside the rainy season.

Both the sky and the water are very clear in November it is personally my favorite time of the year for snorkeling.

The water will be warm, no need for a wet suit.

The bay that the hotel is on is good for swimming and kayaking but not for snorkeling or scuba. For scuba the best dives are off the islands in Chamela Bay and for snorkeling the best is at Bahia Paraiso which is only about 15 minutes from the hotel by boat. There are two big rocks in the bay which create a calm cove on the leeward side with great snorkeling plus a little beach where you can swim ashore to break up the time in the water. The rocks are the nesting grounds for sea birds and are interesting in them selves.

Careyes Outdoors at the hotel can arrange both snorkeling trips and scuba dives. The best boat and captain is Ceviche II and its captain, Captain Crunchies.

Construction will be over, they plan to reopen the hotel at the end of this month.

I would concentrate on Careyes, if you like what you see when you drive through PV you can always make it another trip.

san francisco
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather, construction, scuba

Thank you wayfinding.

Since our flight gets in to PVR sort of late afternoon we are going to stay in PV that night and drive down the next day, so that piece of our puzzle is solved. We are so excited.

You wouldn't have a website for the dive operation would you? if so please post.

mucho gracias

3. Re: weather, construction, scuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 19, 2009