We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Mita vs Careyes

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Sun Valley
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Mita vs Careyes

My wife and I have the opportunity to either stay in Punta Mita (El Cerrito) or Careyes (condo as part of the Careyes Hotel/Resort). Both places look fabulous. I relaize that Careyes is going to be 2hr + from PVR as opposed to Punta Mita (45 min) but the place looks really cool.

Any thoughts? Pluses or inuses of each?

Thanks

Chicago, ILL
Level Contributor
89 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Mita vs Careyes

I have been to the beach in punta mita once. The beach is what i would call very rock as you get into the water. As you get futher deeper it clear up but it actuall is more of open sea waters. You will see many fishes and other ocean life.

Careyes i have never been to but i have drove past it a couple of times and it jorney from Puerto Vallerta. I have seen the photes to this resorts and it nice.

I would recommend if your thinking about a nice resort to go to. Take a look at Los Angles Locos Blue Bay Resort. This resort is about 3 hours from puerto Vallerta but it very nice and this resorts is on a privet beach no beach hagglers. It all inclusive and it has one of the best night shows i have seen.

Also right next to this resort is punta serana, this resort is only adults. I have never been there before.

Take a look at the costa alegra coast that is part of Puerto Vallerta. There are many beach along the way that are really nice and gem hidden in pardise.

Edited: 6:19 am, December 10, 2010
2. Re: Punta Mita vs Careyes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 09, 2011