We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st timer to Mexico. Anyone been to CUIXMALA?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
California
Level Contributor
48 posts
47 reviews
1st timer to Mexico. Anyone been to CUIXMALA?

Will be ringing in the New Year in the Cuixmala. This is the first time I'll be in Mexico. Anyone been, and what's there to do around there? I hear it's an amazing place albeit pretty remote, and there's a small town within driving distance. Any suggestions for what to do during a 4 night stay would be fantastic. Thanks.

dallas
Level Contributor
119 posts
1. Re: 1st timer to Mexico. Anyone been to CUIXMALA?

Daytime. horseback riding is a must, through jungles, along deserted beaches, crocodile lagoons. Snorkeling at Bahia Paraiso. Walking on miles of unspoiled beaches, which they have at Cuixmala, Careyes, and nearby Chamela. A little dusty town on the north side of Chamela Bay called Perula is great for lunch, great food at small beachfront restaurants like La Sirenita and Che Che with great views to the islands in the bay.

Careyes is about 10 minutes north of Cuixmala, it has polo matches in the afternoon, a great restaurant at the Playa Rosa Beach Club, a new nightclub on the beach with music and bonfires, and non stop house parties.

It is very remote, but that is the good part, very unspoiled, very beautiful. Even the small towns are 30-40 minutes away.

new york
1 post
2. Re: 1st timer to Mexico. Anyone been to CUIXMALA?

Dragnet Mexico is a wonderful place. Last time I went to the Riviera Maya which was amazing. I am thinking of going to Cuixmala this winter. Please do let us know how your vacation turned out. Other than pictures and the sparse reviews (there's a small piece about it in December's In Style magazine) I've read, I don't know much about the place.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
3. Re: 1st timer to Mexico. Anyone been to CUIXMALA?

I attended a wedding at Cuixmala in Feb 2005. It was the most amazing experience. You will LOVE it there. It is literally paradise.

4. Re: 1st timer to Mexico. Anyone been to CUIXMALA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Careyes