We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el careyes beach resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Careyes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san franciso
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
el careyes beach resort

Hello all,

My husband and I are about to purchase 2 auction packages from luxery link for 4 days each at El Careyes. (Price is $1399 and we will be staying Jan 6-14th). Our flights are free since we are using miles from SF. A few questions for those who have recently been to the resort- How is it? I have been told that since Starwood left, it has become a bit dated? Is this true? Should I hold off on buying a package and stay elsewhere for the 4 other nights, maybe closer to Manzanillo? We looked at Ceilba del Mar near Cancun (trust me, not in Cancun) becasue it was relaxing and low key.) I would appreciate hearing from folks ASAP as I have to purchase the package on Monday on try to renegotiate.

Thanks,

Hilary

Dallas
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: el careyes beach resort

My wife and I spent 5 days at El Careyes in September. This was our 4th stay at the hotel. It may have aged a little, but it is still wonderful. We are looking forward to returning as soon as we can. I thought the food was better than ever and the serve was very good. We had the hotel pick us up in PV (other visits we rented a car and drove from PV), and we will do that again also. Since we go to El Careyes to enjoy the resort we don't feel the need to have a car to explore the area.

I say buy the package and go1

2. Re: el careyes beach resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, October 11, 2009