We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting car at Puerto Vallarta airport driving to San Pancho

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
seattle, washington
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Renting car at Puerto Vallarta airport driving to San Pancho

Arriving at 3:30 PM at PVR airport in late December. Planning on renting a car at the airport (currently have reservation with National, which requires shuttle bus.) Driving north to San Pancho (I think about 10 minutes north of Sayulita.) Will we likely arrive before dark? Not anxious to find way on first trip in the dark if I don't have to. Any advice? Thank-you!

Courtenay, British...
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting car at Puerto Vallarta airport driving to San Pancho

I have driven this road many times, but never at night and I would never drive it at night. Stay in PVR for the night then drive up the next morning, the drive is beautiful but it is a mountain road with lots of curves.

seattle, washington
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting car at Puerto Vallarta airport driving to San Pancho

How long is the drive? It looks like sunset at that time of year is 5:30, so I'm trying to figure out if I have time (assuming on time flight at 3:30) to pick up my car rental and still get to San Pancho by dark. Might be cutting it kind of close. Not checking any bags. Thanks for the advice!

Courtenay, British...
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting car at Puerto Vallarta airport driving to San Pancho

During the day it would take just over an hour, if you don't know for sure where you are going and haven't driven this road before I would not want to do it at sunset or in the dark.

london
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting car at Puerto Vallarta airport driving to San Pancho

I consider this a really easy drive. I wouldn't hesitate doing this at 9:00PM and really you are just talking about a few minutes of twilight in an otherwise daylight drive.

5. Re: Renting car at Puerto Vallarta airport driving to San Pancho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Careyes