We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Careyes With Kids

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Francisco
Level Contributor
44 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
El Careyes With Kids

My husband and I want to visit the El Careyes Resort the week of Thanksgiving this year with our small, but well behaved children. We want a nice place, very quiet, where we can have a boutique hotel experience. We are Starwood Gold members, and so the El Careyes came up as a nice Starwood place to stay.

We typically have rented villas South of PV, but want to do something a bit different this year.

I've also seen a few rentals for the Careyes Casitas and they also look very nice for a small family. Any opinions about which place would be better? Any casita recommendations?

Lastly, we are big snorkeling enthusiasts, and I'm wondering if the snorkeling is good around Thanksgiving time. Thanks for any response, this forum has been really insightful for me as I do my research.

dallas
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: El Careyes With Kids

Starting with the snorkeling, it is my personal favorite of things to do when I am Careyes and Thanksgiving is the very best time of year for it, the water is very clear then and the water temperature is perfect. In the bay where the hotel is the snorkeling is not very good, the water is clear bit no coral and not many fish . The place to go is Bahia Paraiso, about 15 minutes north of Careyes by boat. The snorkeling is wonderful plus there is a small island in the bay which is home to many sea birds and very interesting in its own right.

I prefer the casitas to the hotel. Staying at the Casitas de las Flores you can use the private Playa Rosa Club beach and restaurant plus you can still use all the pay for services at the hotel like the spa and restaurant etc. The only thing you don't get is the big, very nice pool which the hotel has, and which the kids might enjoy. Andres at CareyesVillas.com has the best casitas, you might also consider a villa like Aquazul, the very best way to experience Careyes,but.....There is a big international society wedding taking place in Careyes at Thanksgivng and I do not know if there will be much to chose from in the way of accomadation at either the hotel, casitas, or villas.