We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planet Hollywood

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Planet Hollywood

I see they are tearing down Planet Hollywood. Heard they will put up a Sears in its place. Couldn't it be something better on the strip?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planet Hollywood

I think Planet Hollywood beside it is either already down or next to be demolished. I heard Sr Slim and purchased both lots. Sears wasn't mentioned to me in the same conversation, but don't know what it's going to be.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planet Hollywood

They are ripping it down as we speak, looks like they have a few more days (at least) work.

I heard it's going to be a commercial plaza that will include at least one hotel. I did not hear Sears. I don't think that would be a good choice either as Sears isn't popular here (and pretty much even in the states it's not on the top shopping list).

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,011 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planet Hollywood

Now that sounds more likely. I don't think that's a great Sears spot although I do like the store.

Let us know when you hear for sure!!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planet Hollywood

Thank you. I was really hoping it wasn't going to be a Sears. That would be ridiculous. I guess, I had a bad resource.

MIAMI
Level Contributor
772 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planet Hollywood

There was a Sears store on the Costera for decades; I don't think I every went there. It is now an office building/bank.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Planet Hollywood

FYI Carlos Slim owns SEARS de MEXICO. Sears is much more upscale in Mexico than U.S. each Sears store here has a section for Pier 1 imports. I would not be surprised if a Sears store went in to the new shopping center.

Level Contributor
1,479 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planet Hollywood

so this includes hard rock also? just planet hollywood?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,894 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planet Hollywood

The new Sears store in Mazatlan is going great I hear from the Trip Advisor Maz forum. It just opened to a huge mess of people...and the parking lot plugged up with so many cars!! With Slim running the show...it sure could be coming to ACA.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planet Hollywood

I just can't see a Sears store on the Costera, though. The Costera is the main tourist zone. And the traffic is massive to get there in the area. If a Sears were to go up, I think it would do better along Cuahtomoc Ave (even thought traffic is a mess there, too). Less touristy.

Edited: 7:28 pm, May 31, 2014
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Planet Hollywood

isn't there one there now? i think i bought a washer dryer there.

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco