We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Capriccio

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
124 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Capriccio

Capriccio is a beautiful new restaurant located on Horacio Nelson in the Costa Azul area. It is in the same Plaza that Mother Hubbards is in. The restaurant is air conditioned inside or you can dine outside on the patio at beautiful tables and umbrella's. The menu was currently in Spanish as they were waiting delivery of their English menus. As our Spanish is limited, Armando, one of the Owner/Managers brought the menus to us and gladly described any of the items we asked for an explination of. The menu is diversified with seafood, steaks and recipies from Spain. Everything sounded delicious. We ordered filet that was wonderfully seasoned and very tender. The quality of the food is outstanding. Capriccio's serves homemade bread with seasoned butter, it was great. There is a small bar for cocktails with you dinner. I really can't say enough about this beautiful new restaurant, it is certainly worth a visit. I know my husband and I, along with our friends, will be back several times on our next trip to Acapulco.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Costa Azul
Hotel Costa Azul
37 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Origen
$$$$, Bar, International, Seafood
La Finca Acapulco
$$ - $$$, Mexican, Latin, Seafood
Zibu
$$$$, Seafood, Asian, Thai
MIAMI
Level Contributor
814 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Capriccio

I had heard mixed reviews when I was there in February; so thought I would give them time to get it together. From what I had heard, the menu was a little too ambitious. That is a great little strip mall; bakery, bar, and Prime House are located there as well as Mother Hubbard's.

I will look forward to trying this next year...the restaurant that I heard raves about 3 days before I left was Buon Giusto (behind Suntory); and I didn't have a chance to go there.

Already planning next year's stops!!

Mentioned in this post
Suntory
Suntory
121 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
124 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Capriccio

Miamilovetotravel - Hope you will give Capriccio a chance next February. Would love to know more about Buon Giusto. If anyone has been there please let us know your thoughts and what kind of menu they have.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Capriccio

The place sounds nice Linda. There always seems to be a good restaurant or two every year worth trying. One of the best things about Acapulco. Ill keep it in mind.

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Capriccio

Truck, have you tried Prime House as yet, it's in the same plaza.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Capriccio

Not yet livin!! Las Carolinas was for sure on my go to places long before I finally went in Feb. Prime house is for sure another that I would like to try.

What's your favorite choice??

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
124 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Capriccio

Truck - Don & I went to Prime House this year and were very disappointed. We loved it last year but this year the service was very strange. We never even got a plate for our bread. Also, the meat seamed old and not nearly as good as last year.

Our experience at Capriccio was completely the opposit. The meat was very fresh and tender. Service was also outstanding. Neither meal was cheap but in our eyes, Capriccio far exceeded Prime House this year.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Capriccio

One thing I have found even places that seems to do consistently well crowd wise still have the occassional off day.

I've heard from quite a few people that they went to so and so and love the place but they didn't like their last visit. I had some service issues 2x going to Cabrito and was real close to writing them off for good a few years back. I'm glad I didn't.

I wouldn't write Prime off for 1 evening. Many others seem to love the place and an off night may have just been that.

Sabina
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Capriccio

My husband and I and two of our friends went to Prime House when we were there in Feb. and it was delicious. The prime rib was a lot better than some we have eaten in the states. Service was great . Will definitely go back next year.

9. Re: Restaurant Capriccio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 14, 2015
;