We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acapulco 2014

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,244 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Acapulco 2014

Another great trip in the books no amount of time ever seems enough but the city always keeps you wanting more.

We had a lot of relaxing down time and the pool at the Fiesta is a great way to spend an afternoon. Its nice looking out at the bay and watching all the parachutes cruising by while discussing everyone elses dinner spots. I would say Napoli and El Negro Santa got mentioned a lot by many staying at the hotel. Non TA folks I should say but people some of which have been coming 30 plus years.

We also saw those rocket propelled shoes that can elevate people 5-10 feet above the water. That was really cool and clearly took a lot of skill. Andy heard the rate was 1900 peso an hour. Mn guy showed me video of it awhile back but neat seeing at Bocana and while on Condesa.

The TA gatherings at Bocana Beach, LaCabana and PDLC and the Park were great.

There were so many TA'ers in attendance poolside and at different gatherings Acaallday,Acajane, AcaQueen, $Bill, Cajunrebel, Canadasuntraveler, DJpoco,Drayton, Drew22, Hobohank, JC399 , Joybee, Katalin, Lacallie,Livinaca, Miamilovestravel, mn guy48, Snork, sweettooth and sunshineblix and all their friends. I hope I mentioned all. Sorry I missed hstntx by a day and CTK01 next year for sure!! And RFNJ I was looking lol!!!

New visits:

Las Carolinas (finally)

El Negro Santa

Both I would return too!!

Paradise 2x

El Cabrito

La Tortuga

Forza

Mr Lalos 2x

Tobasco beach

Frutiland

D'Raquels 2x

Tres Marias

Vayma

Elcano Diamante (wonderful place)

And Pastor 2-3 times love that!! The one by Torre Gemales is good taqueria which also has a duplicate restaurant next door same name and all. Very sorry to have missed Sucasa yet again won't miss for certain next time. A few places no name joints were good too.

Raquels has a really good breakfast omelette just wish it had Tobasco beaches view. We all love there food so it is worth the trip.

Mr Lalos gets a big nod for some of the tastiest and largest shrimp plates.

Elcano Diamante is a very nice high end place to dine and enjoy their day beds they have all over. Nice little pool area right on playa Bonfil.

Vayma has a new fan in Hobohank !! And we all enjoyed the day as usual.

I will chime in more later.

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco Tortuga
Acapulco Tortuga
77 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Elcano Hotel
Elcano Hotel
425 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acapulco 2014

You have lots of good karma building up from all you do for us, Truck. "When I was your age" (lol) it was tough enough looking after myself, let alone a whole family and a posse of TA folk. Thanks for all you did. See you next year.

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acapulco 2014

Ditto what Snork said. All of your gatherings are always a great time.

Just off the top of my head, a couple you forgot......fortworthman and Murph!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
506 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Acapulco 2014

Happy to see that everyone had a great time. Followed all of you everyday on the net and really missed not being with the group. Looking forward to seeing all of the you next year.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
992 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Acapulco 2014

Thanks again Truck for arranging all of the amazing gatherings we had a wonderful time again this year!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Acapulco 2014

Ditto the thanks to Truck for the organizing and stellar job, as usual. Great times, great memories. We'll have to do it again next year, with the inclusion of a few who were in absentia this year for whatever reason.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,244 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Acapulco 2014

I miss it already!! Especially with talk of up to a foot of snow Monday!! I forgot to mention my night at barbarroja and Paradise it has been a long time since I stumbled in at 3:30am but acaqueen is a pro at it and on this night I was all caught up with sleep after my arrival day and ready to go.

It was a good Monday evening crowd at least 60 or so in Paradise and we were all having a good time before I realized just how late it was. I take the short walk back to the americana and get so sleep even 5 hours had to do as I won't miss pool or beach time. Queen reads the forum but has posting problems. Anyway she has nice friends and they look after one another.

Her little beach spot La Playita is very nice certainly the best loungers in acapulco very comfortable. No fee unless you use their towels 20 peso for that. Just order food or beverage and your good to go. If one were dining at Tobasco beach you would just walk down to the playa make a right and 100 feet is La Playita.

A bit tougher to swim here and a courser sand which I don't like. I still prefer Bocana Beach for that reason and more cervesa options. But it is quieter for that traveler that just wants to relax without much bothering them. Anyway I finally found your spot lol thanks for telling me. One last thing I asked how much to rent the kayak they had sitting there and he said no charge!! I was certainly surprised at that.

St. Paul, Mn
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Acapulco 2014

Agree with them all you do a wonderful job Truck alot of work, so sorry I had to miss many with being sick but I did get a few in... will miss you all and thanks so much for the doggie bag !!!!!

MIAMI
Level Contributor
815 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Acapulco 2014

The usual great job of organizing festivities by "Julie, our Cruise Director" aka Truck. I did a few different places adding to your list; 2 trips to Su Casa did not disappoint. Great dinner at Prime House; enjoyed Tallarines again. And a don't miss piano bar...Amor. Also, pozole at Jaguar gets a good crowd with Ricardo Arcos playing. Nice meeting more fun folks this year and seeing the streets jumping on weekends!

Mentioned in this post
Su Casa
Su Casa
319 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Merced, California
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Acapulco 2014

Roger that!! Year after year Truck comes through as usual and it was great seeing everyone again. But we always seem to run out of time.

Every year brings a special moment, and for myself it was the trip to Pie dela Cuesta. And the dinner at Dan's ranks right up there.

My big disappointment during this trip was Drinks To Go. They use to make the best Margaritas. Twice I was asked what went into one this year. Part of the fun is sampling new methods of a seasoned bartender. This year the lack of experience was evident. But a bad Margy is hardly something to complain about when we are vacationing in Acapulco! How many days to go for next year?

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Acapulco 2014

Sunset over Caleta photo taken on 2/20/14:

flickr.com/photos/imagehunter1/12855018873/