We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Blanca & Twin Towers (acroos from beach)

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago
Level Contributor
516 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Blanca & Twin Towers (acroos from beach)

I walked past both yesterday and they both are closed and no renovation is taking place. Several years back the same developer advertised that he was renovating both and selling condos in same.

The work on the Twin Towers was on going and it appeared several units were occupied. Know a piece of yellow tape is across the main entrance and no sign of life.

At Casa Blanca there is a security guard but the same piles of sand and gravel that were dumped last February have not been touched and the courtyard is overgrown.

Two more legendary Acapulco sites have fallen on hard times.

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
4,458 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Blanca & Twin Towers (acroos from beach)

There is also a decent looking condo on the beach side that has stickers on it that translated to "Condemned". I was thinking "earthquake".

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Blanca & Twin Towers (acroos from beach)

The Twin Towers is still definitely open unless you are refering to those other than the costera.

Edited: 3:41 pm, January 23, 2014
Ontario
Level Contributor
4,458 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Blanca & Twin Towers (acroos from beach)

There was another development not related to Torres Gemeles that I believe was even earlier and not on the beach...and not the refurbed one in Caleta, either. I think snowbirds knew it as Twin Towers of Acapulco and it predated Torres Gemeles.

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,263 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Blanca & Twin Towers (acroos from beach)

Your right Snork. Someone posted a link about 2 years ago with prices of the units.

Chicago
Level Contributor
516 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Blanca & Twin Towers (acroos from beach)

The Twin Towers that I was referring too is located just east of the government/university building that is in year four of construction. It is east of the remains of Copacabana and Tropicana night clubs, which are located on the ocean side of the Costera..

Edited: 5:20 pm, January 23, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Copacabana Beach Hotel
Copacabana Beach Hotel
703 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
6. Re: Casa Blanca & Twin Towers (acroos from beach)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, January 25, 2015