We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Collectivo is No More

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago
Level Contributor
516 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Collectivo is No More

Arrived today and after retriving my luggage I went to the counter and asked to purchase a ride on the collectivo. The counterman stated no more collectivo and ignored my question why?

I had to purchase a ride in a taxi for $36.50 USC to take me to my hotel. This did not include the tip.

A good reason to start searching out an alternative destination for next year.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Collectivo is No More

Oh no. Hiring a driver will be cheaper than a taxi.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Collectivo is No More

That's too bad I wonder why??

An alternate location because of a cab fare???

3. Re: Collectivo is No More

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, January 15, 2014
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Collectivo is No More

Maybe they're just trying to "$clean up$" before the Acabus begins to provide service?

Maybe travel light and wheel your suitcase to the road for a regular taxi?

Edited: 1:43 pm, January 15, 2014
Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Collectivo is No More

Now there is an idea Lacallie!!

6. Re: Collectivo is No More

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, January 23, 2014
Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Collectivo is No More

Can you hire a limo for $200 pesos?

8. Re: Collectivo is No More

Removed on: 3:35 pm, January 15, 2014
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Collectivo is No More

Wow, that wasn't very nice, theacares. Do you know MiketheCop?

Edited: 3:28 pm, January 15, 2014
10. Re: Collectivo is No More

Removed on: 5:35 pm, January 15, 2014
Edited: 5:35 pm, January 15, 2014
;