We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medical Services

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boston...
Level Contributor
113 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Medical Services

My mother-in-law, who has a condo in Costa Azul and has spent a good portion of the winter in Acapulco for many, many years is returning in December, and is in need of some medical support. As a result of heart surgery last year she is on Coumidin and needs to monitor her INR level (via periodic blood tests). Does anyone know of a medical laboratory that does that kind of testing, and/or a good cardiologist in Acapulco?

On a happier note, we are going to help her move back into her condo in early December, so we are looking to a few days of fun and sun - we are glad to hear that recovery from the hurricane seems to be going well.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Medical Services

Dr. Norberto Matadamas is one of the best cardiologists in Mexico and thankfully he is my doctor.

Boston...
Level Contributor
113 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Medical Services

I realized I was remiss in not thanking all of you for your helpful suggestions. I was hoping my mother-in-law would chime in directly, and that still may happen (she is getting oriented to using TripAdvisor) but I wanted to make sure I offered my thanks to all of you. I have always found this forum, and its participants, a great resource.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Medical Services

Blush. One thing I have found in Acapulco: if you need help, everyone steps up. Bad things get plenty of press. The good things often go unnoticed. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,032 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Medical Services

I hope all goes well and you all have a great trip Goldmann!! Let us know!!

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Medical Services

Goldmanm, let us know how things work out for your mother-in-law and if she found a doctor. Good luck.

16. Re: Medical Services

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco