We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costco

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Costco

Has costco made a decision to repair the damages and reopen in the future?

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costco

I heard they plan to reopen, indirect info from the manager. Hoping its true.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costco

I hope it's true too, but what are the odds that there will be another flood in the near future. The scientific community would probably argue the odds of another storm like Manuel occurring in the coming years, as the consensus is that global warming with increase the frequency and power of such storms. I'm sure it's being talked about at Costco corporate.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costco

Odds are pretty good that it will happen again. There's a big hullabaloo as to who was responsible for allowing all of the building in that zone. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Level Contributor
1,751 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costco

Does the damaged area also include hospital ,bus terminal,home depot, walmart and mega?

5. Re: Costco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, October 05, 2013
6. Re: Costco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, October 05, 2013
Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costco

Heard that Costco will reopen but in a different área.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costco

Lots of rummors going around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess we'll have to wait .. too bad Cuerna is so far away!!!

Level Contributor
1,751 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Costco

Dang! I was planning on some serious shopping there in about 3 weeks! On to Mega!

Acapulco
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Costco

Of course it will happen again. You must not have been around for Pauline. It is the Tropics and is prone to Storms and Tropical depressions. The first time I saw all the constuction going on in the New Acapulco at 10 or 15 ft above sea level I shook my head.

How did the Costera fair Out ? Did the rebar hold or does it have to be done over again. There were 5 tremors over the week end.

What`s up with the ACABUS?? Stay safe all.

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico