We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interjet?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Interjet?

Looking for feedback (good or bad) on Interjet flights out of Acapulco. They seem to be flying a HUGE plane from here to Toluca.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
427 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interjet?

I have had friends that have used them for travel within Mexico, no problem. They have recently made a push into the NYC market, making flights to Mexico.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,492 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interjet?

I have a friend who has used Interjet for a few years and it is the only way he will travel to ACA. Cheaper and no DF.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interjet?

I'm hoping for a good deal down the road myself.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interjet?

Cheaper and no DF in the same sentence?????????!!!! I’m sold. Free drinks?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Interjet?

Free drinks and you can change planes in Toluca but just as easy to do so in DF.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interjet?

Interjet doesn’t go to DF????? Right?

I priced Aeromex from ACA to destination, via DF and Interjet to destination via Toluca, and there was a considerable price difference.

Any feedback on the Toluca airport? Things to do, things to see? Things to drink?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Interjet?

Interjet has flights from DF and flights from Toluca. It originally only flew from Toluca but once Mexicana went under Interjet took some of their slots from DF and many (maybe most?) of their flights now go from there. Toluca airport is fine.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
427 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Interjet?

I will say this, their website kinda sucks for me. JFK-ACA. Pick departure(only m-f), 5/31 ($334) return (only saturdays?) 6/8 ($370). continue....now says no flights available. Hmmm...try again.

I hit the back browser, and everything is reversed. Departures are now only saturdays, and returns are only M-F....so 6/1 ($370) and 6/7 ($359)...continue....no flights available for this route.

Anyone else having this problem?

My current airline of choice from NYC is Aeromexico. Price is not always the best, but the midnight flight getting into aca 10am? and the overnight flight getting back 7am? Works for me....

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Interjet?

For Interjet JFK-ACA only works on certain days because on others you can't get connections (likewise ACA-JFK). There are no direct flights to/from ACA to any international destination on Interjet. What you can do is book to Mexico City or Toluca on one airline and from there to Acapulco on Interjet. (Interjet flights will not be shown on any booking engine such as Expedia, Travelocity, Kayak, etc.)

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Interjet?

The IJ website is not that user friendly. They need a new webmaster for sure.

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco