We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time to Acapulco

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
WV
2 posts
Save Topic
First Time to Acapulco

My wife and I will be going to Acapulco our first time ever and will be staying at Las Brisas Resort Feb 20-26. Having never been to Mexico, are there any pointers you can give me. We are in our early 60s and are not into the 'nightlife' scene. We prefer a good restaurant and nice shopping to fast activities. This is a leisure trip celebrating 40 years of marriage. We also plan on going to see the cliff diving. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time to Acapulco

Las Brisas is one of the nicest classiest places in Acapulco. It's old, but well kept..It's where Bill and Hilary Clinton had their honymoon. 2 Excellent restaurants that are romantic and incredible are Su Casa and Madeiras restaurants. The cliff divers could be seen during the day or the night show. Your hotel could make arrangements for you or you can just take a cab there and pay the small entrance fee.

London On
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time to Acapulco

I would suggest going on the lagoon tour. I went there the last time i was in Acapulco... and it was one of the best days i had there yet. It is a day tour..... you get a tour of the city... and the old part of Aca,, as well as a boat ride in a lagoon. You will get to see some really interesting things as the tour guide takes you all over and lets you get out. In the late afternoon you will be taken to a private beach,,, and will be served a buffet dinner. All you can drink and you can lay in a hammok with your loved one.. while watching the sun go down.

The tour bus will pick you up and drop you off your hotel.

It all costs about 50 american... and you can book it at the hotel. They do advertise it. I dont remember how to spell it... but it sounds like "coy-u-ka " I think its spelt like Coyuca Lagoon.

Hope you have fun on your trip!!! And make it to the market!!!

shadesvictoria@hotmail.com

venice
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time to Acapulco

Try this site out it has a lot of great honest info.

http://www.travel-acapulco.com/index.html

M&L
Sacramento...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time to Acapulco

It will be worth your while to eat at Su Casa and Madeiras. These are both very excellent restaurants. Madeiras is very close to Las Brisas. Excellent view, very elegant. Su Casa is my favorite because the staff are very friendly, and the food is to die for. If I can, I'll go back to ACA just to eat at Su Casa. =)

Chicago
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time to Acapulco

Please read my review of Las Brisas which should be posted shortly. You MUST go to Pipo's which is next to the Super Giante on the strip. It is a busy place w many locals. I got "hooked" on the seafood soup.... it is deee-licious! a wonderfully seasoned broth with a lot of seafood. don't be shy to lift the bowl to get every last drop! Zuca's is near Las Brisas, you'll enjoy the view and the music from the 60's 70's and 80's.

another great restaurant is Paradise...

negotiate your cab fare before getting in the taxi. We went to Wal-Mart and bought a case of water. The water in Las Brisas is filtered. But you'll want to travel with your own bottle, while you're shopping, site seeing, etc.

I know you will enjoy your trip!

Lyman, Maine
Level Contributor
5 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time to Acapulco

My wife and I have been to ACA about ten times. We mostly rent private homes with a group of friends. However, we stayed at Las Brisas when we went to a wedding in November, 2003. It was great. Make a reservation now at Bella Vista. This is the restaurant at the hotel. Ask for an outside table (4,5,6 or 7 in the numbering system they had in 2003). Eat about 8 o'clock and you will discover why Acapulco Bay is the most romantic in the world. Remember it is Acapulco. Dressy is a sort sleeved collared shirt with a floral pattern and dress pants are a polyester blend. Dress shoes are sandals. If you bring a tie, you are wasting space in the suitcase. If you are adventurous, rent a Jeep from SAAD (downtown or at the Airport) and go to Pie de laQuesta. Eat lunch at the Tres Marias or Sunset Beach Club. Rent a jet ski.

Go to the Acapulco Princess and wander around the pool area. Just wear your suits underneath shorts and grab a lounge chair. Have a drink.

See the Cliff divers but I can't recommend eating at the site. Go early, grab a good part of the wall and wait for the show. Remember to bring pesos since the divers circulate and this is their source of income.

New York City
Level Contributor
71 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Time to Acapulco

Many thanks to Zeeba! My husband and I are staying at Las Brisas..first timers in two weeks Thanks for all the timely sugguestions

detroit
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First Time to Acapulco

sue casa's the best in aca

don't rent a car unless you have a death wish

where sun block

take alot of singles

acapulco is the greatest

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco